Health Care Homes (aka Medical Homes) - Certification - Recertification
The health care home must be recertified on an annual basis. To retain certification, a health care home must submit a letter of intent stating its desire to be recertified no later than 60 days before the one year anniversary of its last certification or recertification.
- Please see recertification assessment tool (PDF: 300KB/8 pages) for instructions, timeline and guidance on meeting recertification standards.
- Fill out and submit letter of intent stating desire to be recertified, and attach supporting verification documents
Please see the training tools with examples for your reference for the HCH certification and HCH recertification standards. Information that is submitted should be brief but thorough and supporting documents can be a variety of documents that clinics have implemented.
- Health Care Home Certification training tool (PDF: 189KB/4 pages)
- Health Care Home Recertification training tool (PDF: 83KB/2 pages)
- Health Care Home Recertification Demonstration - Slides (PDF: 31 pages/473KB)
- Health Care Home Recertification Demonstration - Webinar (WMV: 45 minutes)
- Health Care Home Recertification Demonstration - Webinar Transcript with Slides (PDF: 53 pages / 1.15MB)
- Health Care Homes Review of Recertification Standards (PDF: 18 pages/4540KB)
- MDH will notify the applicant within 90 days after receiving recertification materials of status and next steps