Health Care Homes
Certification & Recertification
Patient and Family Centered Care - Resources
Patient and Family Centered Care is foundational to the Health Care Homes and the implementation of the HCH Legislative standards. Specific resources include:
- Presentation: Engaging Patients and Families in Redesign (PDF)
Jane Taylor, Ed.D., Improvement Advisor and Learning Designer.
- Family Voices These family-centered care self-assessment tools assess strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care
This site includes many free downloadable materials to support families and care teams in implementing PCMH.
- Advancing the Practice of Patient and Family Centered Ambulatory Care: How to Get Started (PDF) includes six topical steps to create governance and partnerships.
- How to Conduct a "Walk-About" in Primary Care From the Patient and Family Perspective (PDF)
- IncludeAlways A patient and family engagement model developed by the Minnesota Hospital Association to include patients and families at every level throughout the health care system.