Health Care Homes (aka Medical Homes) - Learning Collaborative
Call for Presentations
Time to Shine and Share Your Terrific Work!
Health Care Homes Learning Collaborative Days
May 1 & May 2, 2013
Marriott Minneapolis Northwest
7025 Northland Drive, Brooklyn Park, MN 55430
Proposals Due: March 1, 2013
Minnesota Health Care Homes is seeking abstracts for presentations at the 2013 Spring HCH Learning Collaborative Day event. Presentations should highlight practical transformational processes that your HCH has implemented to:
- Improve the quality of care,
- Decrease total cost of care, and/or
- Improve patient and family experience.
Learning Collaborative Attendees
The Health Care Home Learning Collaborative brings together over 300 HCH team members from across the State for sharing learning that supports improving the design of health care homes and improving quality goals.
Options for Presentations and Content of Proposals:
Learning Collaborative planners encourage submission of abstracts for practical, tested, patient-centered strategies.
- Panel Presentation: 20-minute presentation highlighting implementation and results to present as part of a larger panel of HCHs.
- Storyboard Presentations/Poster Presentations: Visual presentation highlighting implementation and results of a quality improvement process or patient-centered strategy.
- Specific instructions and display requirements for storyboards/posters will be sent with acceptance of presentation.
- The size limitations for the poster/storyboard will be between 4 feet wide x 4 feet high and 6 feet wide x 4 feet high.
- There will be time set aside during the Learning Day event when presenters will be able to stand by poster and answer questions/etc.
- Breakout Sessions: 90-minute presentation highlighting quality improvement processes or innovative, patient-centered practices.*
- Workshops: 3-hour interactive learning, skill-building session highlighting quality improvement processes or innovative, patient-centered practices.*
*Breakout session and workshop presentations should include the following elements (please provide evidence of coverage of all four elements in proposal):
- A practical didactic learning component where the proposed topic is presented;
- Discussion on the implementation of methods / strategies, including barriers, quality measures, or lessons learned;
- Involvement of patients or family members;
- Opportunity for discussion among participants related to the learning.
Presentations can focus on, but are not limited to, one of the following topics:
- Population management (identifying patients for care coordination; registries; methods)
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Specific strategies to improve quality results for adults and/or pediatric patients (care coordination; care planning; innovative partnerships with community resources)
- Development of the HCH team and the roles of team members including clinicians (ways to share the “care”)
- Clinical or preventative services/strategies (healthy eating; physical activity; tobacco cessation)
- Innovative approaches to utilizing technology (electronic health records; telemedicine; e-visits)
Proposal Review Process
All abstracts are reviewed by the Health Care Home Learning Collaborative Planning Committee, a volunteer planning committee. The committee encourages use of creative or artistic means to present materials and/or foster discussion, including use of case studies, audio-visual aides, roleplaying, etc.
Notification of proposal acceptance for presentation will be sent out by March 15, 2013.
Tentative Agenda for the Learning Collaborative Days
May 1, 2013: Afternoon workshops
May 2, 2013: Morning adult and pediatric tracks. Afternoon breakout sessions focusing on four topic areas:
- Population management / quality
- Care coordination / care planning
- Patient & family centered care
- Clinicians as members of the HCH team
Proposals for presentations will be accepted online only. The deadline for proposals is 5:00pm, on March 1, 2013. Submit a proposal for presentaitons. Please submit a separate application for each presentation.
Please contact Sarah Cox at email@example.com or 651-201-3745 with any questions.