Upcoming Health Care Homes
Learning Collaborative Events:
- Monthly Webinar:
Team Management of Hypertension Webinar
May 5, 2014 from 11:30 - 12:30 p.m.
This webinar is sponsored by: Health Care Homes, Community Transformation Grant,
Million Hearts. Courtney Jordan Baechler, MN, MS will be presenting. Courtney is the Chair of the Prevention and Wellness, Clinical Service Line at Allina Health. CEUs will be available for this webinar.
- Identify best practices for hypertension management
- Learn about current clinical guidelines and updates
Registration is now open for the Team Management of Hypertension Webinar.
Improving Hypertension Outcomes Workshop
MDH Health Care Home is partnering with Community Transformation Grant (CTG and Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention to provide a 3 hour northern MN regional workshop for clinics: “Improving Hypertension Outcomes”
Date/Time: May 20, 2014, 1-4pmLocation: Fergus Falls,
West Central District Office
1505 Pebble Lake Road
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Registration: Register for the Hypertention Outcomes Workshop (Capacity Limit of 30 participants)
- Identify current best practices for hypertension management
- Demonstrate application of the Screen, Counsel, Refer, Follow-up (SCRF) model as it applies to patients with hypertension
- Describe one way that quality and process improvement can improve blood pressure control in a clinical practice.
- Identify ways the clinical care team (community paramedics, health coach, PharmD, CHW) can work as a team to manage HTN and chronic disease
External Educational Events:
- Rural Health Conference June 23 & 24, Duluth, MN
MDH Health Care Homes will be featured presenters at the Rural Health Conference in two venues: An Informal Q & A to support clinics with HCH Certification and Recertification; and a Breakout Session.“The Small Rural Health Care Home Clinic-Unique Designs to Meet the Standards”, is a panel presentation telling the story of two clinics and their journey in primary care transformation to achieve HCH certification in a rural clinic setting. You must be registered for the conference to attend these sessions.
For the schedule, keynote and session descriptions, lodging & registration fees view the Conference Brochure.