Health Care Homes (aka Medical Homes)
A "health care home," also called a "medical home," is an approach to primary care in which primary care providers, families and patients work in partnership to improve health outcomes and quality of life for individuals with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
The development of health care homes in Minnesota is part of the ground-breaking health reform legislation passed in May 2008. The legislation includes payment to primary care providers for partnering with patients and families to provide coordination of care.
- Find a certified health care home.
- Health care providers may apply to become certified as a health care home.
Certified Health Care Homes reach a milestone of 300!
The Minnesota Department of Health announces the following eight new certified health care homes:
Park Nicollet Clinic - Brookdale
Park Nicollet Clinic - Carlson Parkway
Park Nicollet Clinic - Champlin
Park Nicollet Clinic - Chanhassen (NUMBER 300)
Park Nicollet Clinic - Golden Valley
Park Nicollet Clinic - Maple Grove
Park Nicollet Clinic - Shorewood
Park Nicollet Clinic - Wayzata
Interactive map of all certified health care homes.
- Learning Communities Grants Request for Proposals
The Health Care Homes Learning Collaborative is seeking proposals from qualified professionals or organizations to plan, implement, facilitate, and evaluate Learning Communities.
For more information and updates visit our NEW Learning Collaborative Funding Opportunities Page.
- Care Coordination Toolkit: As a part of Minnesota's Medicare Multi-payer Advanced Primary Care Practice (MAPCP) Demonstration Project, a toolkit has been developed to assist health care homes and primary care clinics in serving the complex population of seniors and persons with disabilities. For more information, please visit the Care Coordination Toolkit webpage.
- Introduction to Health Care Homes Webinar Series
The Health Care Homes Learning Collaborative is hosting a webinar series designed to increase knowledge of standards and help equip clinics to transform their practice into patient-centered medical homes. For more information and to register, please visit the Introduction to Health Care Homes webpage.