Health Care Homes
- Providers must be certified health care homes in order to participate in the demonstration.
- All certified health care homes may participate in the demonstration; there is not a separate application process to participate.
- The demonstration is not a grant to the state; funds from Medicare will go directly to health care homes through the services they provide and bill for.
- CMS will be using Minnesota's payment methodology for care coordination reimbursements for qualifying Medicare beneficiaries.
- The billing mechanism will be the same one that certified health care homes currently use to bill for services provided to Minnesota Health Care Program enrollees.
- The demonstration covers fee-for-service Medicare beneficiaries.
- The state anticipates that more than 225,000 Medicare beneficiaries will be served by a certified health care home during the demonstration period.
- This demonstration is particularly important to clinics and clinicians in rural Minnesota with large proportions of Medicare patients.
- The demonstration is a big step toward achieving critical mass in the state's goal of transforming primary care through health care homes.
More information on:Requirements Overview
MAPCP Quarterly Reports
MAPCP Billing Instructions and Webinars
MAPCP Steering Committee