Health Care Homes (aka Medical Homes) - Mini-grants
Mini-grant Application - May 2010
The Minnesota Department of Health is offering mini-grants of $5,000 or less to help clinics finalize the application for the health care home (HCH) certification process. The purpose of these mini-grants is to finalize the transformation component in clinic redesign that supports the clinic implementation of health care home standards.
Here are some possible ideas for grant funding:
- Contracting with a facilitator or coordinator to assist the HCH team to finalize and implement a component of the standards such as a workflow or procedure
- Completing the acquisition/development of an electronic registry to support patient quality improvement and meeting HCH standards
- Creating a care plan document or workflow and/or integrating it in the EMR
- Developing the HCH quality team that includes patients
- Implementing the HCH payment methodology
Administrative support proposals to refine or create documents that support HCH implementation in clinics will also be considered. Examples include:
- Hiring temporary administrative staff to prepare documents such as updating clinic workflow or training documents or policies/procedures to meet HCH standards
- Preparing for the HCH certification site visit including completion of application documents
- Other priority projects related to the HCH certification process
The application deadline is May 24, 2010. The expectation is that the projects will be implemented between June 2010 and November 2010.
The Minnesota Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics is administering the grants on behalf of MDH.
Questions? Contact us.
Phone - 651-201-5421
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org