Performance Measurement and Evaluation
The Minnesota health reform law includes requirements for primary care clinics with sufficient patient volume to collect and report patient experience survey data.
Minnesota Health Care Homes Patient Experience Survey Webinar
On July 30th, 2013, Health Care Homes (HCH) hosted a patient experience survey educational webinar. To provide clarity to the different survey tool options, CG-CAHPS expert Dale Shaller will review the survey tools, and provide an overview of implementation and vendor considerations.
The Minnesota health reform law includes requirements for all physician clinics with sufficient patient volume to collect and report the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CG-CAHPS) visit specific survey. Another version, the CG-CAHPS 12-month survey, has been recently recommended as a proposed change to the Statewide Quality Reporting and Measurement System. The 12-month survey tool allows users to add supplemental questionnaires, such as the Patient Centered Medical Home supplement which is applicable to HCHs.
Survey Study Information:
- Patient Experience Survey Study of Equivalency 11-23-12 (PDF: 15 pages/202KB)
- "Leveraging Existing Patient Survey Efforts: A Decision Guide"
Survey Measure Information:
- Patient Experience Measures From the CAHPS Clinician & Group Surveys (PDF: 22 pages/222KB)
- About the CAHPS Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Item Set (PDF: 9 pages/117KB)
- Developing a CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey to Measure the Medical Home (PDF: 4 pages/976KB)