Health Care Homes
Performance Measurement & Evaluation
The Minnesota Health Reform law requires all primary care clinics, who have sufficient patient volume, to collect survey data based on the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CG-CAHPS) survey. In addition to the CG-CAHPS survey, all certified health care homes are required to collect survey data on the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) supplemental survey.
Below are sections with links that detail this information.
Minnesota Community Measurement and Health Care Homes Patient Experience Recommendations
- HCH Patient Experience Survey Memo (PDF: 2 pages/ 43KB)
- Patient Experience Recommendations (PDF: 3 pages/ 93KB)
- Comment Period Response (PDF: 1 page/60 KB)
Official Survey Measure Information:
The links listed below provide information regarding the questions available on different survey versions.
- Patient Experience Measures From the CAHPS Clinician & Group Surveys (PDF: 22 pages/222KB)
- About the CAHPS Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Item Set (PDF: 9 pages/117KB)
- Developing a CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey to Measure the Medical Home (PDF: 4 pages/976KB)
- CAHPS Clinician and Group Child 12-Month Surveys (PDF: 10 pages/204 KB)
- "Leveraging Existing Patient Survey Efforts: A Decision Guide"
Patient Experience Survey Equivalency Study
The study compares the CG-CAHPS Visit Questions added to the CG-CAHPS PCMH Survey.
Minnesota Health Care Homes Patient Experience Survey Webinars
The webinars provide clarity to the different survey tool option. Expert Dale Shaller reviews the survey tools and provides an overview of implementation and vendor considerations.
- Patient Experience Survey in Minnesota: CG_CAHPS Study Findings and Recommendations 2-10-13 (PDF: 27 pages/644 KB)
- From CG-CAHPS Visit to PCMH: Issues and Implications for MN Health Care Homes 3-14-13 (PDF: 33 pages/1,696 KB
- Minnesota Health Care Homes Patient Experience Survey: Implications of Moving from CG-CAHPS Visit to PCMH 7-30-13 (PDF: 31pages/566 KB)
- Listening to the Voice of the Patient 11-13-2013 (PDF: 33 pages/899 KB)
Survey Recommendations and Results Information:
Adult Patient Experience Survey Information
- MNCM HCH Results: Patient Experience of Care 9-12-13 (PDF: 11 pages/353 KB)
- Minnesota Community Measures Patient Experience Recommendations 11-05-13 (PDF: 3 pages/93 KB)
- Lakewood Health System Patient Experience 11-13-2013 (PDF: 20 pages/358KB)
Pediatric Patient Experience Survey Information:
- Minnesota Community Measures Pediatric Patient Experience Meeting Minutes July 17, 2012 (PDF: 6 pages/180 KB)
- Minnesota Community Measures Pediatric Patient Experience Meeting Minutes November 5, 2013 (PDF: 5 pages/106 KB)