The payment steering committee provides strategic direction on the development of the payment methodology through partnership with a diverse group of providers, payers and consumers.
There currently are no meetings scheduled for the HCH Payment Steering Committee for 2013.
MDH and DHS also convened work groups to focus in greater detail on the issues of:
- Clinic processes for health care home payment
- Clinician identification and enrollment of eligible patients
- Coding and billing for payment
- Patient risk stratification and payment rates
- Defining eligible patient groups
- Defining the work of care coordination
- Non-medical complexity information
- Consumer/patient payment considerations
- Deductibles/out-of-pocket exposure
- Establishing a partnership with a health care home
These work groups provided regular updates to the payment steering committee on their work. The payment steering committee helped MDH and DHS select members of the work groups. The agencies also solicited nominations from the public.