- Overview of health care homes in Minnesota (PDF: 43KB/2 pages)
- Health care homes information for providers (PDF: 44KB/2 pages)
- Working effectively with professional interpreters (PDF: 182KB/1 page)
A guide is designed to serve as a resource, not an endorsement of the materials listed.
- Getting Started – General Resources
Tool kits and other information for those who need an understanding of the basic concepts and rationale for the health care home (also called the medical home and patient-centered medical home). Also includes practical examples of building and implementing the medical home components in a medical practice.
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care
Partnering with patients and families is the core of the all health care home concepts and a key component in quality improvement programs. These resources offer tips on incorporating the partnership into clinic governance and culture and the use of checklists and assessment tools to direct implementation.
- Health Care Home Background Information from the State of Minnesota
Minnesota statutes, draft rules and reports related to health care homes. Reports discuss outcomes measurement and capacity assessment.
- Tools and tips for success with each of the five health care home standards
Resources specifically focused on the main standards required for certification as a health care home.
National Center for Medical Home Implementation
- Continuing Medical Education Opportunities
- 2013 Medical Home in Pediatrics: The HOW TO Webinar Series
- Medical Homes @ Work Newsletter by the National Center for Medical Home Implementation
The Safety Net Medical Home Initiative (www.safetynetmedicalhome.org) website provides access to implementation guides, assessment tools, presentations and other materials on the Change Concepts, as well as on PCMH payment policy topics.
- Engaged Leadership: Resources for Leaders (June 2012): This supplement provides additional tools, resources and training programs to assist leaders moving forward in PCMH transformation.
- Care Coordination Resources
- Minnesota Health Action Group: Health Care Home Tool Kit - This tool kit is designed to help employers learn how primary care is being restructured and financed through Health Care Homes (HCH) in Minnesota and Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) nationally. This information includes questions, topics and resources for employers to consider, discuss with health plans and providers, and use as guides as you explore HCH.
- Health Care Home Purchaser/Employer Partnership Final Report (PDF: 18 pages/508KB)