Hospital Total Care Report
In April 2014 hospitals in Minnesota received confidential reports updating the Provider Peer Grouping Hospital Total Care reports they first received in September 2011 and again in March 2013. In producing these revised reports, MDH carefully considered and empirically tested the thoughtful input provided by hospitals and other stakeholders following the 2013 report. These enhancements have led to an even more robust analytic methodology and a clearer presentation of the information.Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) received during the prior reporting cycles that remain applicable to the 2014 report are available in the FAQ web page (see link below). Please note the FAQ will be regularly updated with additional questions and answers as hospitals review their reports and submit new questions.
MDH will hold two public meetings via webinar for hospital representatives.
Coinciding with the release of these reports, MDH will convene webinars on April 23rd and April 24th to share additional information with hospitals. During these webinars, we will review the reports, present some updates about the current methodology, answer questions, and hear your thoughts and comments. We invite you to participate in these informational sessions. Details and instruction on these webinars are detailed below.
- The webinar focused on Critical Access Hospitals (CAH) receiving total hospital care reports will be held on April 23rd from 2-4 PM.
- The webinar focused on Prospective Payment System (PPS) Hospitals with total hospital care reports will be held on April 24th from 1-3 PM.
To join these webinars please follow the instructions below. (Please note you may want to test your computer prior to the webinar to ensure that it can run WebEx on the day of the webinar.)
- Use phone number: 1-888-742-5095
- Conference code: 442 459 9795
- To mute or unmute your line: *6 (Please make sure your line is muted and that you do not place your call on hold.)
To start WebEx session, click on the following link at the time of your webinar:
- CAH Webinar: April 23rd from 2-4 PM.
- PPS Webinar: April 24th from 1-3 PM.
Additional Documents for Hospitals
Additional information about data sources and the calculation of quality and payment statistics is available in the detailed methods report document (Appendix B of the report) available at the link below: