Monthly Stakeholder Call
MDH will hold monthly conference calls to share information about the provider peer grouping initiative on the second Monday of each month from 7:30-8:15 a.m.
The April call scheduled to take place Monday, April 14th from 7:30-8:15 am has been cancelled.
The next call is scheduled for Monday, May 12th from 7:30-8:15 a.m. In lieu of the call, please reference the following updates. If you have questions, please contact Ellen Wolter at email@example.com.
- In early April, hospitals in Minnesota received confidential reports updating the Provider Peer Grouping Hospital Total Care reports they first received in September 2011 and again in March 2013.
- For more information including answers to frequently asked questions and additional information about data sources and the calculation of quality and payment statistics in the methodology please visit the following website: http://www.health.state.mn.us/healthreform/peer/hospitaltotalcare.html
- Under current law (Minnesota Statutes §62.U04), the results of these reports would be shared publicly 120 days following the confidential report release. The 2014 Legislature is considering legislation on the future of the All Payer Claims Database (APCD). As part of that bill, MDH would suspend the PPG initiative and the confidential reports released in early April would not be made public. Identical bills have passed the required House and Senate committees (HF 2656 and SF 2106), and a floor vote in the House. The bill now awaits a floor vote in the Senate for final passage and signature by Governor Dayton to become law. Final information on this legislation and its impact on PPG and the APCD should be available soon.
- MDH will convene two webinars to share additional information on these reports with hospitals including updates on the current methodology. We will also provide a discussion period to answer your questions and hear your thoughts and comments.
- The webinar focused on Critical Access Hospitals (CAH) hospitals receiving hospital total care reports will be held on April 23rd from 2-4 PM.
- The webinar focused on Prospective Payment System (PPS) hospitals receiving hospital total care reports will be held on April 24th from 1-3 PM.
To join these webinars please follow the instructions below. (Please note you may want to test your computer prior to the webinar to ensure that it can run WebEx on the day of the webinar.)
Use phone number: 1-888-742-5095
Conference code: 442 459 9795
To mute or unmute your line: *6 (Please make sure your line is muted and that you do not place your call on hold.
Please visit the WebEx conference link.
Dial-in number: 888-742-5095
Conference code: 4424599795
Webinar Meeting number: 594 908 363