- For technical assistance, contact your community specialist
- Basecamp: Peer-to-peer sharing for grantees
- Guide to Basecamp: Everything you need to know to set up your account and more
Request for Proposals: Menthol Cigarette Intervention Grant
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) is seeking applications under this Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Menthol Cigarette Intervention Grant: Addressing Tobacco Use in the African American Community. In May 2015, the Minnesota Legislature passed the Omnibus Health and Human Services bill, which included a new provision requiring MDH to fund a one-time grant of $200,000 from SHIP funding. The law requires that the grant be used to engage members of the African American community and community-based organizations to implement strategies and interventions to reduce the disproportionately high usage of cigarettes by African Americans, especially the use of menthol-flavored cigarettes, as well as the disproportionate harm tobacco causes in that community. MDH must award the grant by Nov. 1, 2015.
Binding Notice of Intent must be submitted by Aug. 18, 2015, by 4:30 p.m.
Applications must be submitted by Sept. 10, 2015, by 4:30 p.m.
- Request for Proposals (PDF)
- SHIP Menthol Budget Document (Excel)
- Appendix F Work Plan Instructions and Template (MS Word)
- Questions and Answers (PDF)