Health Workforce Shortage Study Work Group Meeting - October 2, 2008
Agenda, Background Information and Minutes
9:30 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Metropolitan Mosquito Control District
2099 University Avenue (at Cleveland Avenue)
St. Paul, MN 55104
- Review insights and assumptions from first meeting
- Review key demographic and workforce trends
- Identify components of a high functioning practice
- Identify barriers to achieving it
9:15 Please arrive by 9:15!
9:30 Welcome and Check-in – Sarah Strickland/Karen Welle
- Affirm shared assumptions from Meeting 1
- Affirm priority questions from Meeting 1
- Review draft report outline
9:45 MN Demographic and Workforce Trends – Jay Fonkert
- What do the demographic and workforce trends tell us about practice models and staffing considerations in different communities?
10:15 Work Group Session – Sarah Strickland
- Given the health care home model assumptions, what are the skills and competencies needed?
- What would each professional on a high functioning collaborative team be doing differently than they are now? More of what? Less of what?
12:30 Work Group Session – Sarah Strickland
- What the barriers for each profession to function at the highest level?
2:00 Wrap Up