Links and Resources
Display all links or select a topic below
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: Provides resources for helping children after a disaster.
- American Association of Health and Disability: Supporting health promotion and wellness initiatives for people with disabilities.
- American Association of Poison Control Centers: Access information from this national organization of poison centers and individuals.
- Americans With Disabilities Act: Access the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) statute, regulations, technical assistance materials and enforcement information.
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers: International, multi-disciplinary organization dedicated to preventing sexual abuse through research, education, and shared learning.
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Access data and information about this telephone survey that tracks health risks in the United States.
- Bike Helmet Safety Institute: Learn the importance of wearing a helmet when bicycling and what to look for when purchasing a helmet.
- Brain Injury Association: This national organization's website includes a prevention section with brochures for different age groups that are particularly at risk for brain injury. Includes information on motor vehicle safety, falls, firearm injury, and alcohol.
- Brainline Military: An online service to help service members - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, and Reserve - and veterans with brain injury and their families.
- Campus Sexual Violence Prevention Portal (MDH): Includes several resources related to preventing sexual violence on college campuses collected by multiple organizations and professionals working in sexual violence prevention. Resources are organized by different individual roles on campus.
- Center for Occupational Health and Safety, Minnesota Department of Health: Learn how to help prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Promoting health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability
- Cordelia Anderson, Prevention Consultant: Cordelia Anderson is a nationally known speaker & consultant on prevention of child sexual exploitation & sexual violence as well as strategies to strengthen individuals, families, businesses and communities.
- Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Learn how to identify the causes of birth defects and developmental disabilities, help children to develop and reach their full potential, and promote health and well-being among people of all ages with disabilities.
- Disability.gov: Access disability-related information and programs available across the government on numerous subjects, including civil rights, community life, education, employment, housing, health, income support, technology and transportation.
- Falls and Hip Fractures Among Older Adults: An overview of fall prevention tactics from the Centers for Disease Control and Injury Prevention.
- Falls and Hip Fractures Among Older Adults Fact Sheet, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: A brief fall prevention fact sheet for professionals.
- Fire Deaths and Injuries Fact Sheet, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Learn costs due to fires as well as prevention strategies.
- Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center: Includes information on tested firearm interventions.
- Healthy Minnesotans Strategies for Public Health, Volume 2 - Violence Strategies: Read more detailed strategies to prevent youth violence, child maltreatment, and domestic and sexual violence.
- Impaired Driving, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control: The cost and risk factors related to impaired drivers.
- Injury Control Resource Information Network: Access data, other resources, and information on education and training.
- Injury Prevention Web: Link to injury data for all states and 1,100 government and nonprofit organizations worldwide.
- Injury and Violence Prevention Links: Access other sites that are related to injury and violence prevention.
- Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy: A research institute with faculty in epidemiology, policy and law, behavior science. Site lists publications, research, and training opportunities.
- Join Together Online: Devoted to prevention of gun violence and substance abuse. Contains links to news articles, research reports, and grant opportunities.
- Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance: Learn about statewide resources for brain injury survivors, including support groups and educational opportunities.
- Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse: Supports research, education, and access to violence related resources (online resource only).
- Minnesota Chapter of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers: A non-profit interdisciplinary organization dedicated to the advancement of professional standards and practices in the field of sex offender evaluation and treatment.
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault: Learn about programs committed to ending sexual violence
- Minnesota Department of Corrections: Mission is to provide correctional care, change offender behavior, and restore justice to victims by fostering community partnerships, creating a respectful and diverse culture, and effective use of communication and resources.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Office of Justice Programs: Provides leadership and resources to reduce crime in Minnesota, improve the criminal justice system, and assist crime victims.
- Minnesota Human Trafficking Task Force (MNHTTF): MNHTTF is a statewide organization to combat human trafficking in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Indian Women's Sexual Assault Coalition: Mission of building resources through unity to create awareness and eliminate sexual violence against Indian women and children
- Minnesota Office of Traffic Safety: Find data on crashes in Minnesota and learn how to be a safe driver.
- Minnesota Poison Control System: Access emergency poison management and poison prevention information.
- Minnesota Public Health Data Access: Find data about carbon monoxide poisoning and other risk factors that impact public health in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Safety Council: Features prevention tips for work, home, play, on the roadway, and kids, including poison prevention.
- Minnesota State Council on Disability: Advises, provides technical assistance, collaborates and advocates to expand opportunities, improve the quality of life and empower all persons with disabilities.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: This Centers for Disease Control and Prevention publication frequently includes articles on injury topics.
- Multi-Cultural Educational Services: Find brochures on safety for babies and children in nine languages used by immigrants and other newcomers to Minnesota.
- NFPA (National Fire Protection Association): Utilize a number of resources including fire safety and injury prevention catalog materials for sale, public education tips and research articles.
- National Bike Safety Network, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Find information on bike safety programs, legislation, and research.
- National Center for Child Death Review: Access state-level data and prevention tips on child deaths.
- National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Access this rich source of information about America's health.
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Get information about the extent of the problem of a specific injury and prevention solutions.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Includes crash statistics, details on how to purchase a safe car and additional safety materials.
- National Institutes of Health: Learn about scientific resources and research findings, health information, grant opportunities, and news.
- National Mental Health Information Center: Utilize information on child and adolescent mental health, youth violence
- National SAFE KIDS Campaign: Find information specifically related to the prevention of unintentional childhood injury.
- National Safety Council: Injury prevention tips on a national scale with many youth-related sites.
- National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center: Locate institutional and community-based efforts directed toward alleviating youth violence.
- Outdoor Home Playground Safety Handbook: Learn how to plan, assemble and properly use home playground equipment.
- Parents Know: Trusted parenting information, resource, and activities to help your children grow, develop, and learn from birth through high-school.
- Prevent Child Abuse Minnesota: Our mission is to prevent child abuse and neglect
Promotes positive parenting, healthy families,
and supportive communities where children
are respected and valued.
- Preventing Falls Among Seniors: Link to the AARP, Gerontological Society of America, National Institute on Aging, and publications on effective fall prevention programs.
- Preventing TV and Furniture Tip-Over Deaths, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission: Discusses ways to prevent televisions and
heavy furniture from tipping over and killing young children.
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN): Identify Minnesota services available to you.
- Safety Lit: Find hundreds of topics and organizations related to injury prevention from the Injury Prevention Resource Library at San Diego State University.
- StateData.info: Generate customized charts of state, national, and individual disability data.
- Stop Bullying Now!: Learn what you, as an adult or a child, can do to identify and prevent bullying.
- Stop It Now! Minnesota: Minnesota program teaches adults how to recognize the signs of child sexual abuse and how to intervene before a child is harmed.
- Student Pledge Against Gun Violence: A nationwide campaign for secondary school students to sign a pledge not to bring guns to school and not to use guns to settle arguments.
- Surgeon General's Call To Action To Improve the Health and Wellness of Persons with Disabilities (July 2005): Appeals to all Americans to help increase the quality of life for people with disabilities through better health care and understanding.
- Swim Healthy, Swim Safely, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Access this information about how to keep yourself, and your loved ones, safe and healthy as you head for the water.
- Teen Drivers, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control: The cost and risk factors related to teen drivers.
- The State and Territorial Injury Prevention Directors Association: Find hundreds of links listed by injury topic, plus legislation, organizations, journals, and university research.
- Toolkit for Healthy,Respectful Non-Violent Environments in Schools: This toolkit is designed to help concerned school workers, parents, teachers or teacher's aides or really anyone concerned with a school to share ideas that are working in some of our schools so that we can create and improve healthy, respectful, nonviolent environment in all Minnesota schools.
- Toolkit to Prevent Senior Falls, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Use this toolkit, which has data and prevention recommendations.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission: Link to free and reproducible consumer publications on a variety of injury-related topics, including some Spanish language materials.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Warns about Pool Hazards, News Release: Learn about the launch of a drowning prevention initiative, which includes drowning prevention tips.
- U.S. Fire Administration: Access a variety of fire prevention materials at no charge.
- Unintentional Injury Prevention: Read about trends in unintentional injury prevention with a focus on motor vehicle-related injuries and home- and recreation-related injuries.
- University Men's Network: An open group of male-identified students, staff, and faculty members, as well as alumni and community members, working to develop an anti-sexist climate on campus.
- WISQARS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Create a customized report of fatal and non-fatal injury-related data.
- Water-Related Injuries Fact Sheet, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Learn what groups are at highest risk for and about the risk factors of water-related injuries.
- Wonder, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: View national and state-level data on deaths and hospitalizations.
- Youth Violence Fact Sheet, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Summarizes youth violence statistics, covers risk factors and touches on prevention.
*There may be links on this site that are external to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). The MDH is not responsible for the content of external sites, nor does it endorse or guarantee the services or information described or offered on external sites.
Top of Page