Links and Resources
Displaying: Sexual Violence Prevention
Display all links or select a topic below
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers: International, multi-disciplinary organization dedicated to preventing sexual abuse through research, education, and shared learning.
- Campus Sexual Violence Prevention Portal (MDH): Includes several resources related to preventing sexual violence on college campuses collected by multiple organizations and professionals working in sexual violence prevention. Resources are organized by different individual roles on campus.
- Cordelia Anderson, Prevention Consultant: Cordelia Anderson is a nationally known speaker & consultant on prevention of child sexual exploitation & sexual violence as well as strategies to strengthen individuals, families, businesses and communities.
- Injury and Violence Prevention Links: Access other sites that are related to injury and violence prevention.
- Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse: Supports research, education, and access to violence related resources (online resource only).
- Minnesota Chapter of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers: A non-profit interdisciplinary organization dedicated to the advancement of professional standards and practices in the field of sex offender evaluation and treatment.
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault: Learn about programs committed to ending sexual violence
- Minnesota Department of Corrections: Mission is to provide correctional care, change offender behavior, and restore justice to victims by fostering community partnerships, creating a respectful and diverse culture, and effective use of communication and resources.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Office of Justice Programs: Provides leadership and resources to reduce crime in Minnesota, improve the criminal justice system, and assist crime victims.
- Minnesota Human Trafficking Task Force (MNHTTF): MNHTTF is a statewide organization to combat human trafficking in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Indian Women's Sexual Assault Coalition: Mission of building resources through unity to create awareness and eliminate sexual violence against Indian women and children
- Minnesota Men's Action Network: Initiated by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to build a public/private prevention effort that promotes male leadership.
- Minnesota State Council on Disability: Advises, provides technical assistance, collaborates and advocates to expand opportunities, improve the quality of life and empower all persons with disabilities.
- Prevent Child Abuse Minnesota: Our mission is to prevent child abuse and neglect
Promotes positive parenting, healthy families,
and supportive communities where children
are respected and valued.
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN): Identify Minnesota services available to you.
- Stop It Now! Minnesota: Minnesota program teaches adults how to recognize the signs of child sexual abuse and how to intervene before a child is harmed.
- Toolkit for Healthy,Respectful Non-Violent Environments in Schools: This toolkit is designed to help concerned school workers, parents, teachers or teacher's aides or really anyone concerned with a school to share ideas that are working in some of our schools so that we can create and improve healthy, respectful, nonviolent environment in all Minnesota schools.
- University Men's Network: An open group of male-identified students, staff, and faculty members, as well as alumni and community members, working to develop an anti-sexist climate on campus.
*There may be links on this site that are external to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). The MDH is not responsible for the content of external sites, nor does it endorse or guarantee the services or information described or offered on external sites.
Top of Page
The Minnesota Sexual Violence Prevention Program is funded through the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) RPE program. For more information about The Minnesota Sexual Violence Prevention Program contact Sexual Violence Prevention Program Staff.
- Friday, Aug 8, 2014 Minnesota's Anti-Bullying Legislation: What we all Need to Know
- Friday, Oct 3, 2014 Changing the Conversation about Today's Pornography: Emerging Public Health Research on Brain Development, Economics of the Industry, and Impacts on Kids
- Marijuana and Impaired Driving Fact Sheet 2014 (PDF: 673KB/2 pages)
- 2011 Window Safety Report - Final Report to the Minnesota Legislature 09/2011 (PDF: 1MB/14page)
- Leading Causes of Non Fatal ED Injury 2000-2009 (PDF: 48KB/1page)
- Leading Causes Non Fatal Hospital Injury 2000-2009 (PDF: 58KB/1page)
- Leading Causes of Death 2000 - 2009 (PDF: 37KB/1page)
- Leading Causes of Injury Death 2000 - 2009 (PDF: 37KB/1page)
- Mark Kinde, MPH
Injury & Violence Prevention Program Director