Links and Resources
Displaying: Youth Violence Prevention
Display all links or select a topic below
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: Provides resources for helping children after a disaster.
- Campus Sexual Violence Prevention Portal (MDH): Includes several resources related to preventing sexual violence on college campuses collected by multiple organizations and professionals working in sexual violence prevention. Resources are organized by different individual roles on campus.
- Healthy Minnesotans Strategies for Public Health, Volume 2 - Violence Strategies: Read more detailed strategies to prevent youth violence, child maltreatment, and domestic and sexual violence.
- Injury and Violence Prevention Links: Access other sites that are related to injury and violence prevention.
- Minnesota Human Trafficking Task Force (MNHTTF): MNHTTF is a statewide organization to combat human trafficking in Minnesota.
- National Center for Child Death Review: Access state-level data and prevention tips on child deaths.
- National Mental Health Information Center: Utilize information on child and adolescent mental health, youth violence
- National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center: Locate institutional and community-based efforts directed toward alleviating youth violence.
- Outdoor Home Playground Safety Handbook: Learn how to plan, assemble and properly use home playground equipment.
- Parents Know: Trusted parenting information, resource, and activities to help your children grow, develop, and learn from birth through high-school.
- Stop Bullying Now!: Learn what you, as an adult or a child, can do to identify and prevent bullying.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission: Link to free and reproducible consumer publications on a variety of injury-related topics, including some Spanish language materials.
- Youth Violence Fact Sheet, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Summarizes youth violence statistics, covers risk factors and touches on prevention.
*There may be links on this site that are external to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). The MDH is not responsible for the content of external sites, nor does it endorse or guarantee the services or information described or offered on external sites.
Top of Page
- Friday, Aug 8, 2014 Minnesota's Anti-Bullying Legislation: What we all Need to Know
- Friday, Oct 3, 2014 Changing the Conversation about Today's Pornography: Emerging Public Health Research on Brain Development, Economics of the Industry, and Impacts on Kids
- Marijuana and Impaired Driving Fact Sheet 2014 (PDF: 673KB/2 pages)
- 2011 Window Safety Report - Final Report to the Minnesota Legislature 09/2011 (PDF: 1MB/14page)
- Leading Causes of Non Fatal ED Injury 2000-2009 (PDF: 48KB/1page)
- Leading Causes Non Fatal Hospital Injury 2000-2009 (PDF: 58KB/1page)
- Leading Causes of Death 2000 - 2009 (PDF: 37KB/1page)
- Leading Causes of Injury Death 2000 - 2009 (PDF: 37KB/1page)
- Mark Kinde, MPH
Injury & Violence Prevention Program Director