Moving Beyond Imagination E-News
Issue #2: July 2010
You’ve seen the theme:
Imagine our lives without sexual violence or exploitation
Many of us in Minnesota share that vision and hope. In August 2007, supporters from across the state created the framework for the statewide plan to prevent sexual violence. Since then, many of us have served on Action Teams, the Sexual Violence Prevention Network, and other initiatives to give "legs" to the plan. Minnesota's work is pioneering, and we are considered a national leader. We have momentum; we are planting the seeds for some spectacular growth. Please help us grow more friends of the sexual violence prevention movement by attending our August 10 meeting of all the Action Teams, Retreat and Launch participants, and others who are committed to prevention. Help us move closer to our vision!
Top of Page
Monday, August 10, 2009
11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Lunch included)
New Brighton Family Service Center
803 Old Hwy 8 NW
Intersection of I-35W and I-694 Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
- Hear from the three Action Teams (Framing and Messaging, Data and Research, Policy and Legislation): What have they done and learned? What issues have they discovered? Where does their work come together?
- Participate in a result-driven activity to share your thoughts about framing sexual violence prevention for policy makers, youth, and other varied audiences.
- Learn about special initiatives including Minnesota Champions, Clean Hotels, and the State Summit planned for December.
- Meet the many diverse people and communities that have come together to make Minnesota a state that does not tolerate sexual violence.
- Has it been a while since you have been involved? We need to hear from you! Come, and bring someone you know or work with, to join our list of Champions! Feel free to forward this e-mail.
Please RSVP by Wednesday, August 5 for this free event to Doug Palmer, email@example.com, 651-201-5484. A reminder with program details will be sent in a few weeks.
Top of Page
Moving Beyond Imagination E-News is brought to you by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) with support from the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. Contributed items are solely the responsibility of the contributors, and do not necessarily represent official views of, or endorsement by the MDH or the CDC.
Top of Page