Successful programs are based on the best available evidence and research, rather than unsupported assumptions which may do more harm than good for survivors or for prevention. Below are programs that represent some of the work most responsive to social norms and environmental change.Please read content disclaimer
- Green Dot Bystander Intervention Strategy The Green Dot strategy is a comprehensive approach to violence prevention that capitalizes on the power of peer and cultural influence across all levels of the socio-ecological model. Bring it to your campus!
- Sexual Aggression Peer Advocates, Central Michigan University Sexual Aggression Services and SAPA provide education, programming, advocacy and support for domestic and sexual violence prevention.
- Using Student Orientation to Prevent Violence Against Women Cost-effective examples of new student orientation as an entry point to a linked series of prevention efforts addressing violence across the school year and throughout the college experience.
- Shifting the Paradigm: Primary Prevention of Sexual Violence, American College Health Assn. ACHA developed this toolkit to provide facts, ideas, strategies, conversation starters, and resources to everyone on campus who cares about preventing sexual violence.
- Center for Violence Prevention, College of St Scholastica This site is meant to help students, faculty, and staff get a clearer understanding of critical issues related to college students such as sexual assault & harassment, alcohol use and violence,and care strategies.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center The NSVRC collects and disseminates resources on sexual violence including statistics, research, position statements, statutes, training curricula, prevention initiatives and program information.
- On Sexual Assault at Williams College: Letter from the President This letter is one example of how college and university presidents and trustees can be vocal about the issue of sexual assault.
- Case Studies and Model Programs in Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Violence Prevention Over the course of several years, the Higher Education Center has collected information on a variety of AODV prevention programs at institutions of higher education around the U.S.
- learn@PreventConnect PreventConnect welcomes you to this set of free courses and trainings, designed to grow and support a national community of practice for the prevention of sexual and domestic violence.
- The Spectrum of Prevention The Spectrum of Prevention helps expand prevention efforts beyond education models by promoting a multifaceted range of activities for effective prevention. Includes: Influencing Policy and Legislation,, Changing Organizational Practices, Fostering Coalitions and Networks, Educating Providers, Promoting Community Education, and Strengthening Individual Knowledge and Skills.
- Preventing Violence and Promoting Safety in Higher Education Settings: Overview of a Comprehensive Approach Community-based prevention research points to a set of best practices to guide the development, implementation, and evaluation of interventions to improve campus health and safety.
- Sexual Violence Prevention and People with Disabilities How do we meaningfully work within that community? What are some successful approaches? What knowledge do we need to begin or enrich a project?
- The Ecological Model of Health Behavior This issue of Partners in Social Change explores the ecological model of health behavior. As the word 'ecological' implies, this structural model explores the relationship between human behavior and the environment.
- American College Health Association: Campus and Sexual Violence ACHA, the recognized voice of expertise in college health, offers resources including association projects, programs, publications, guidelines, and more.
- Moving Beyond Blue Lights and Buddy Systems: A National Study of Student Anti-Rape Activists This study done by Students Active For Ending Rape (SAFER) surveys college students working to address campus sexual violence. SAFER used an online survey to ask campus activists about their prevention activities and beliefs about ending sexual violence on campus.
- Beyond Title IX Provides guidance to colleges and universities on how best to create and promote a campus norm of interpersonal respect and non-violent relationships.
Top of Page