Need Help?In an emergency call the police at 911
On this page:
- Information and referral in time of crisis or need
- Counseling, information and referral if you are concerned about your own or another person's thoughts or behavior
- Information and referral for child sexual abuse
- Information on services for people who have been sexually violated and local prevention activities
Information and referral in time of crisis or need
United Way, 211: Identify Minnesota services available to you.
800-543-7709 (24 hour hotline)
Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN): Access the services of this national organization, which provides
counseling resources, prevention tips, statistics, news and more.
800-656-4673 (24 hour hotline)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800.273.TALK): Utilize these suicide prevention, intervention and healing resources.
800-273-8255 (24 hour toll free hotline)
Counseling, information and referral if you are concerned about your own or another person's thoughts or behavior
- The Men's Line: Call this counseling and referral line for men and others
who want to talk with someone about issues of abuse and violence
in their lives.
612-379-MENS, or 612-379-6367 (counseling line)
- Stop It Now! Minnesota: Access help and information if you or someone you know may be at risk of
inappropriate sexual behavior with a child.
612-644-8515 (general number)
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers: Find contact information for the Minnesota chapter of this national organization, which is dedicated to education, research and professional intervention regarding sexual abuse issues.
Information and referral for child sexual abuseTo report suspected child abuse or neglect, contact your county social service agency or the police
- Midwest Children's Resource Center, Children's Hospitals and Clinics: Offers services for children who have been abused, including professional consultation,
expert testimony, and medical and psychological evaluations; additionally, a 24 hour
professional consultation helpline is available.
651-220-6750 (24 hour hotline)
- Prevent Child Abuse Minnesota: Utilize this family support network, which promotes
positive parenting, healthy families, and homes where
children are valued and loved.
800-621-6322 (general number, twin cities metro area)
800-244-5373 (general number, greater Minnesota)
Information on services for people who have been sexually violated and local prevention activities
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault: Learn about programs committed to ending sexual violence
and, for member programs, access technical assistance
800-964-8847 (general number)
- Victim Service Provider Directory, Minnesota Office of Justice Programs: Use this tool to access all types of victim services in your county or region.
If you have recently been sexually assaulted , please consider
- seeking health care at a hospital,
- reporting the incident to the police, and
- contacting your local victim service organization.
Even if you were abused years ago, it's never too late to get support and help.
Top of Page
The Minnesota Sexual Violence Prevention Program is funded through the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) RPE program. For more information about The Minnesota Sexual Violence Prevention Program contact Sexual Violence Prevention Program Staff.
Nov 29, 2015