If You Need Help

Need Help?

In an emergency call the police at 911


Information and referral in time of crisis or need

Counseling, information and referral if you are concerned about your own or another person's thoughts or behavior

  • The Men's Line: Call this counseling and referral line for men and others who want to talk with someone about issues of abuse and violence in their lives.
    612-379-MENS, or 612-379-6367 (counseling line)
  • Stop It Now! Minnesota: Access help and information if you or someone you know may be at risk of inappropriate sexual behavior with a child.
    612-644-8515 (general number)
  • Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers: Find contact information for the Minnesota chapter of this national organization, which is dedicated to education, research and professional intervention regarding sexual abuse issues.

Information and referral for child sexual abuse

To report suspected child abuse or neglect, contact your county social service agency or the police
  • Midwest Children's Resource Center, Children's Hospitals and Clinics: Offers services for children who have been abused, including professional consultation, expert testimony, and medical and psychological evaluations; additionally, a 24 hour professional consultation helpline is available.
    651-220-6750 (24 hour hotline)
  • Prevent Child Abuse Minnesota: Utilize this family support network, which promotes positive parenting, healthy families, and homes where children are valued and loved.
    800-621-6322 (general number, twin cities metro area)
    800-244-5373 (general number, greater Minnesota)

Information on services for people who have been sexually violated and local prevention activities

If you have recently been sexually assaulted , please consider

  • seeking health care at a hospital,
  • reporting the incident to the police, and
  • contacting your local victim service organization.

Even if you were abused years ago, it's never too late to get support and help.

Top of Page

The Minnesota Department of Health attempts to report all data accurately. If you discover an error, please contact us at Injury.Prevention@health.state.mn.us.
By using this system, you agree to not share these data in ways that would identify individuals or provide information on any malicious acts.