...Working Together to Prevent Sexual Violence
"Minnesota Champions" is a new initiative from MDH (Minnesota Department of Health) and Ramsey County Commissioner Jim McDonough, president of the Association of Minnesota Counties.
Commissioner McDonough shows his personal and professional commitment in a letter to county commissioners, in which he encourages all 87 counties to take action to prevent sexual violence.
- Also see>Sexual Violence Prevention Videos:Video of Ramsey County Commissioner Jim McDonough (Action Team Lauch, June 2008).
Current Minnesota County Resolutions/Plans*:
- Hennepin County Resolution (PDF: 27 KB/2 pages)
- Ramsey County Resolution (PDF: 270 KB/3 pages)
- Olmsted County Resolution (PDF: 20 KB/2 pages)
- Winona County Action Plan (PDF: 52 KB/4 pages)
*Three other counties are making strides as well—Douglas, St. Louis, and Wabasha. Their resolutions or plans will be posted as adopted.
Contact more information:
To learn how to become, or recruit others to become, sexual violence prevention champions:
- contact>Amy Kenzie.
To obtain more resources and ideas:
- contact>Sexual Violence Prevention Program Staff
Imagine Minnesota when we are all working together to prevent sexual violence!
Top of Page