Toolkit for a Healthy, Respectful, Nonviolent School Environment
You can feel it the minute that you walk into a school where the environment is respectful and non-violent.
Our goal with this toolkit is to help concerned school workers, parents, teachers or teacher's aides or really anyone concerned with a school to share ideas that are working in some of our schools so that we can create or improve that healthy, respectful, nonviolent environment in all Minnesota schools.
This online toolkit has been created by the Healthy Environments in Schools Action Team of the Minnesota Department of Health's Sexual Violence Prevention Program. Members of this action team have contributed resources to this kit. If you have any resources that you would like to recommend, please contact Patty Wetterling.
*There may be links on this site that are external to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). The MDH is not responsible for the content of external sites, nor does it endorse or guarantee the services or information described or offered on external sites.
- Adults Modeling Respectful Behavior Curricula | Literature | Resources | Trainings | Video/YouTube/Posters
- Art/Theater/Literature Art | Literature | Theater
- Assessment of School's Climate
- Bullying Cyber Bullying | Sexting | Sexual Harassment
- Crisis Numbers Mental Health | Sexual Assault Hotlines | Suicide Prevention Line
- Curricula Cybersafety | Nonviolence/Conflict Resolution | Social-Emotional Development | ...
- Healthy Youth Development Curricula | Fact Sheets | Literature | Promising Programs | Theater | Trainings
- Mandated Reporting
- Other Resources Articles | Data | Research
- Promising Programs Curricula | Data/Research | Literature | Resources | Speakers | Trainings
- Restorative Justice
- Sample Forms/Letters
- Scenarios/Teachable Moments
- Speakers Local Speakers | National Speakers
- Staff Development Bus Drivers | Para's | Teachers
- Teen Dating Violence Sexting | Sexual Harassment
Top of Page