- Active Bystander "Green Dot" Training : The Sexual Violence Center has adopted Green Dot as a prevention strategy. Green Dot approaches all individuals as bystanders to violence, and asserts that as bystanders, we have only two choices: do something, or do nothing.The solution needs to be a reflection of the problem: from red dots, to green dots! A green dot is any word, choice, attitude or behavior that expresses an intolerance of violence, and actively contributes to building a safer community.
- Al's Pals: Kids Making Healthy Choices : Kids Making Healthy Choices is a school-based prevention program that seeks to develop social-emotional skills such as self-control, problem-solving, and healthy decision making in children ages 3-8 in preschool, kindergarten, and first grade.
- Building Assets--Reducing Risks (BARR) : Building Assets--Reducing Risks (BARR) is a multifaceted school-based prevention program designed to decrease the incidence of substance abuse (tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs), academic failure, truancy, and disciplinary incidents among 9th-grade youth.
- GLBT-Kids: Abuse Intervention Program : By making places safe for GLBT kids, we're making them safe for all kids. "GLBT-KIDS offers support, referrals, resources, training and connections about and for GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) youth - who are or have experienced abuse or mistreatment - and for their families, caregivers, professional and others who care about them."
- Incredible Years Series : The Incredible Years Series is a set of three comprehensive, multi-faceted, and developmentally-based curriculums for parents, teachers and children designed to promote emotional and social competence and to prevent, reduce, and treat behavior and emotion problems in young children.
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault Trainings : There is a critical need in the anti-sexual violence movement to have well-trained paid and unpaid advocates. MNCASA offers trainings throughout the year. See their calendar for details.
- STRYVE Youth Violence Prevention online trainings : "The Training section provides access to theo" Online Training modules specifically produced for STRYVE. The Online Training is designed to help individuals, groups, organizations, and communities become acquainted with the key concepts and strategies of youth violence prevention."
- Stories of Us : Resources and Training's About Bullying
- Teaching Tolerance: A Project of the Southern Poverty Law Center : Founded in 1991 by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Teaching Tolerance is dedicated to reducing prejudice, improving intergroup relations and supporting equitable school experiences for our nation's children. We provide free educational materials to teachers and other school practitioners in the U.S. and abroad.
- The Family Partnership : GLBT-KIDS offers support, referrals, resources, training and connections about and for GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) youth - who are or have experienced abuse or mistreatment - and for their families, caregivers, professional and others who care about them.
- Training tools and speakers in the area of nonviolent communication : Various training's, speakers and other resources for those interested in nonviolent communcation
- Working Family Resource Center : The Working Family Resource Center provides in-person and online parenting and child development classes. Located in St. Paul, MN.
- Youth Frontiers : At Youth Frontiers, our vision is to change the way young people treat each other in every hallway, lunch line, and classroom of every school in America so that today's young people can make tomorrow's world better." Located in Minneapolis.
- Youth Performance Company : Youth Performance Company fuels the creative spirit of youth by developing, empowering and advancing young artists. Through direct programming that includes productions, classes, in-school residencies, community appearances, and a leadership development component, YPC provides affordable and meaningful arts experiences for Twin Cities families, children, and teens.
- Youthrive : The mission of youthrive is to engage young people with adults in strengthening leadership and peace building skills. Their purpose is to inspire and engage youth and adults through education, leadership and service to integrate peace making activities into their lives, their communities and the world. To provide opportunities and experiences for all youth to engage in civic dialog and civic action on issues of social justice, human rights, non violence and anti-racism. Reduce the barriers and foster connections for the full and authentic engagement of all youth in addressing community concerns. To create an environment that values youth voice.
Top of Page