Local Public Health Assessment & Planning
Minnesota community health boards are required to submit several assessment and planning documents in 2020 for the 2015-2019 Local Public Health Assessment and Planning Cycle, per statutory requirements (more information: Minn. Stat. § 145A.04, subd. 1a).
Community health boards/local health departments must submit:
- A strategic plan *
- A community health improvement plan (CHIP) *
- Up to 10 priority health issues identified by the community health assessment
- A description of how the CHIP will be monitored and revised using performance management over the next five years
- A description of how the strategic plan will be monitored and revised using performance management over the next five years
* Community health boards/local health departments accredited on or before December 31, 2019 are not required to submit the CHIP or the strategic plan.
MDH will continue to provide technical assistance such as training opportunities, tools and individual assistance in meeting the LPHAP deliverable requirements. Additional guidance and support will be available around monitoring and revising the CHIP and strategic plan.