Local Public Health Assessment & Planning
The Local Public Health Assessment and Planning process aims to help local health departments assess and prioritize the health needs of their communities, assess and prioritize their own internal capacity to meet those health needs, and develop action plans to meet those needs.
About the LPH Assessment and Planning Process
- About the LPH Assessment and Planning Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Technical Assistance and Help
Assessment and Planning Cycles
- 2010-2014 LPHAP Cycle (now complete)
- Next Cycle: More information coming soon
- Organizational Self-Assessment (3 Standards) and Strategic Plan
- Community Health Assessment (10 Issues) and Community Health Improvement Plan
- Quality Improvement Plan
These Local Public Health Assessment and Planning web pages are supported by funds made available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support, under the National Public Health Improvement Initiative (NPHII). The content of these pages is that of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official position of or endorsement by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.