Communications for Survey Improvement - Duluth
A regional stakeholders group has been developed in the Northeast district of Minnesota. The regional group was established by the Commissioner of Health, Dianne Mandernach, to identify ways to minimize tensions created by the survey process and the regulatory relationship, and to implement actions designed to:
- establish productive and respectful relationships among regulated facilities, residents and their families, and the department;
- better involve family members and staff in the survey process; and
- clarify roles and responsibilities of MDH and provider staff in putting the group's recommendations into action.
This group began to meet in January 2005, on a monthly basis. Since that first meeting, there has been a lot of work done toward the group charge. The current areas of focus have been related to communication and education. In order to facilitate communication about what the group has been working on and the progress being made, this Web site has been created. This site will contain meeting minutes, a roster of stakeholder members and their contact information, and information related to the progress of the two subcommittees on communication and education. This Web site will be updated following each meeting as the information becomes available.
- DON Observation Survey Experience Regional Evaluation Summaries (all documents are small PDF files)
- CSI-Duluth DON Observational Survey Experience Communication Points
- Resource Guide (PDF: 90KB/5 pages)
- CSI Regional Presentation (PDF: 1.36MB/63 pages)
- Comprehensive Assessment: The Keys to Unlocking the Mystery of Assessment (PowerPoint: 1.74MB/162 pages)
- "Complete Assessment" Regional Training Resource Guide - May 2006 (PDF)
- CSI Duluth Improved Communication Subcommittee Update - September 20, 2005
- CSI Duluth Educational Subcommittee Update - September 20, 2005