Communications for Survey Improvement – Duluth
July 21, 2005
- The DON Observational Survey Experience Communication Points from the second survey were shared with the CSI Duluth Committee. These Communication Points may be shared with others.
- Information about educational plans for our region were shared. The MNDONA Fall Retreat will be held on October 12, 13, and 14. Ombudsman Meeting will be held on October 20. The Minnesota Department of Health Staff Meeting will be held on October 24-27. The joint district Education Sessions will be held on November 1 and 2. Educational information will be shared at each of these sessions related to the DON Observational Survey Experience. More information about these sessions will be shared as details become finalized. The Care Providers Convention will be held on November 14-16.
- Recommendations from the CSI Duluth Committee members will be shared with the Statewide Stakeholder’s Meeting on July 25, regarding the progress of this committee. These include:
- This committee has been very beneficial for our region. It is the “right fit”.
- It has been important to have a facilitator to help “boil down” specific concerns for the region to work on.
- Communication points from the DON Observational Experience Surveys should be shared.
- The intents of the Improved Communication and Education Committees should be shared.
- The Communication Subcommittee developed a “SURVEYORS ARE HERE” sign, which was approved by the CSI-Duluth Committee, and will be posted in facilities.
- There was review of communications between CMS and MDH relating to the DON Observational Survey Process.
- It was important to have a member of the statewide stakeholder’s group co-chair the regional stakeholder’s group. It would be important to have a member of the statewide stakeholder’s group co-chair the group in the next region.
- It was important to have support from MDH staff in the region it was developed.
- Members of the regional stakeholder’s group were representative of the statewide stakeholder’s group. It would be beneficial to begin a similar group in other regions with that same type of representation. It is a big undertaking and requires a large amount of support.
- There will need to be the commitment to having a facilitator at the first few meetings in any other region.
- It was beneficial for this committee to have the updates and support that David Giese and Darcy Miner provided.
- It was very critical for the success of this committee to have had the commitment and dedication of the district supervisor.