Emergency Preparedness Communications
Preparedness communication strategies include MDH news releases, the preparedness newsletter, risk communication techniques and amateur radio.
- Emergency Preparedness & Response News
Emergency Preparedness & Response News replaces the old Ready to Respond MDH Preparedness Newsletter, but still focuses on health emergency issues, including statewide preparedness activities at the Minnesota Department of Health, in the health care system, district offices and more.
- Emergency Preparedness & Response Activities
Stories of recent emergency preparedness and response activities.
- Health Alert Network
Learn about the program that delivers information to public health and health care providers across Minnesota in the event of a disease outbreak, environmental threat, natural disaster, or act of terrorism.
- Risk Communication Resources
Emergency Risk Communication helps you learn to communicate effectively during emergencies.
- Getting Started with Amateur Radio: A Backup Communication System for Health Emergencies
- Is Anyone Out There: You've got the radio - now what? (PPT: 22 slides) (PDF: 22 pages)
Discussion of the need for alternate communication technologies during an emergency event, and some of the technologies that can meet that need.