Emergency Preparedness Communications
Preparedness communication strategies include MDH news releases, preparedness newsletters, outreach efforts to non-English speaking people, risk communication techniques and amateur radio.
- MDH News Releases
A listing of the news releases produced by the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Health Alert Network
Learn about the program that delivers information to public health and health care providers across Minnesota in the event of a disease outbreak, environmental threat, natural disaster, or act of terrorism.
- Ready to Respond MDH Preparedness Newsletter
The Ready to Respond MDH Preparedness Newsletter focuses on health emergency issues, including statewide preparedness activities at the Minnesota Department of Health, in the healthcare system, district offices and more. updated quarterly
- MDH Pandemic Influenza Newsletter
A newsletter for Minnesota organizations preparing for a possible influenza pandemic.
- Getting Started with Amateur Radio: A Backup Communication System for Health Emergencies
- Is Anyone Out There: You've got the radio - now what? (PPT: 6.5 MB/22 slides) (PDF: 900KB/22 pages)
Discussion of the need for alternate communication technologies during an emergency event, and some of the technologies that can meet that need.
- Emergency and Community Health Outreach
ECHO TV produces a twenty-minute television program each month on a current health and safety issue in multiple languages. Topics range from influenza prevention to winter survival. Attention: Non-MDH link