Healthcare Business Continuity and Recovery
Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) is focused on healthcare system recovery planning as outlined in the Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) Cooperative Agreement by the Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response in Capability 2 - Healthcare System Recovery.
The information and tools located on this site are intended to support the ability of Minnesota’s eight regional Health Coalitions to achieve the program requirements as outlined in Capability 2 – Healthcare System Recovery above and the corresponding Program Measures.
- Healthcare Business Continuity and Recovery Fact Sheet
Definition and description of Healthcare COOP planning.
- Executive Briefing (Powerpoint: 17 slides)
Presentation you can personalize, defining business continuity and why it's important.
- Initial Engagement Letter (Word: 1 page)
Print this letter on health coalition letter head, then send to chief executive officers or emergency managers as an initial contact about COOP.
- SBAR Hospitals (Word: 1 page)
Situation, background, assessment, and recommendations describing why hospitals should be interested in business continuity. Should be personalized with your coalition name/logo.
- SBAR Clinics (Word: 1 page)
Situation, background, assessment, and recommendations describing why clinics should be interested in business continuity. Should be personalized with your coalition name/logo.
- SBAR Long Term Care (Word: 1 page)
Situation, background, assessment, and recommendations describing why long-term care should be interested in business continuity. Should be personalized with your coalition name/logo.
- FEMA IS-546.A: Continuity of Operations Awareness Course
Introduces students to the concept of continuity planning.
- FEMA IS-547.A: Introduction to Continuity of Operations
Describes the Continuity Management Cycle and how it should be used to develop sound continuity of operations plans.
- FEMA IS-548: Continuity of Operations (COOP) Program Manager
Covers program requirements and elements and support requirements and describes the roles and responsibilities of the Continuity Program Manager and other key players in developing a viable continuity program.
- FEMA IS-520: Introduction to Continuity of Operations Planning for Pandemic Influenzas
Covers the characteristics of a pandemic influenza, the effects that a pandemic influenza can have on every facet of our society, and the steps their organizations can take to minimize the effects of a pandemic.
- FEMA IS-634: Introduction to FEMA's Public Assistance Program
Familiarize students with the Public Assistance Program and the process applicants follow to receive grant funding assistance in the aftermath of a disaster.