Crisis Standards of Care
Strategies for events that overwhelm the health care system.
Clinical guidelines to ethically care for patients when a health care facility is overwhelmed. During a catastrophic disaster, health care facilities need to uphold standards of care.
- Patient Care Strategies for Scarce Resource Situations (PDF: 6 pages)
A standardized framework to assist Minnesota hospitals, clinics or primary care settings in determining the best use of specialized equipment and supplies during a public health emergency. Updated February, 2014.
- Pharmaceutical Shortages for MN Hospitals (PDF: 4 pages)
Frequently Asked Questions. April 2015.
- Minnesota Pandemic Ethics Project
Part of the state of Minnesota’s efforts to plan for the possibility of an influenza pandemic.
- Crisis Standards of Care:
A Systems Framework for Catastrophic Disaster Response (2012)
National guidance in establishing and implementing standards of care that should apply in disaster situations-both naturally occurring and man-made-under conditions of scarce resources.
- Ambulatory Care Clinic Tool Kit
Toolkit containing material for the clinic management team to use in planning for and responding to infection control aspects of an influenza pandemic.
- Pandemic Incident Command Considerations for Health Care Facilities by Event Stage
Recommendations for health care facilities to prepare for and respond to a pandemic by event stage.
Updated December, 2011.