Flu Centers - Assessment, Referral & Treatment Centers for Pandemic Influenza
Flu centers provide a community resource for treatment of influenza-like illness when healthcare gets overwhelmed during a pandemic.
- What is a Flu Center?
Fact sheet differentiating between flu centers, alternate care sites, and mass dispensing sites.
- Flu Center Plan Template (Community Assessment, Treatment and Referral Center) (Word: 128KB/11 pages)
Templates and sample documents to start your own plan.
- Flu Center Activation Flowchart for Off-Site Temporary Care Facilities (PDF: 24KB/1 page)
Flow chart showing the steps for activating a flu center that is not part of a healthcare facility.
- Minnesota Pandemic Influenza Planning Assumptions (PDF: 101KB/2 pages)
Chart showing the number of people in Minnesota and the U.S. who may be affected by pandemic in various ways.
- Legal Authority for Pandemic Influenza Planning
Federal statutes, Minnesota Statutes, and Minnesota Rules pertaining to public health emergencies and pandemic planning.
- Patient Care Record (Word: 125KB/1 page)
Sample patient care record that can be used in a flu center.
- Flu Center Supplies - Master List (Excel: 182KB)
Comprehensive list of supplies and medications for a flu center.
- Supply List by Functional Area (Excel: 43KB)
Supplies identified for the various functional areas of a flu center, e.g. registration, triage and treatment, etc.