Planning a response for an incident that generates a large number of casualties.
- Emergency Sheltering, Relocation, and Evacuation for Health Care Facilities (Word: 55 pages) (PDF: 55 pages)
Template for hospitals and long-term care facilities. Updated April, 2012.
- Health Care Facility Sheltering, Relocation, and Evacuation (PPT: 45 slides)
Presentation covering the types of incidents that lead to sheltering, relocation or evacuation, along with actions and strategies for each option.
- Health Care Facility Sheltering, Relocation, and Evacuation (PPT: 27 slides)
Presentation on the specific challenges for health care and long-term care facilities.
- Health Care Facility Training Matrix for Sheltering, Relocation, and Evacuation (PPT: 11 slides)
- Educational Support Matrix (PDF: 1 page)
Checklist to assess health care staff's proficiency in various evacuation and shelter-in-place activities.
- Hospital Evacuation Job Aid (PDF: 2 pages)
Threat assessment and decision tool.
- Pediatric Preparedness (PPT: 26 slides)
Introduction to pediatric preparedness.
- Pediatric Planning Resources (PPT: 25 slides)
Resources available for pediatric mass casualty planning from MDH.
- Pediatric Mass Casualty Incident (PPT: 7.2MB/39 slides)
Overview for clinicians.
- Pediatric Preparedness Primer and Template Plan (Word: 55 pages)
Guidance for hospitals that do not usually provide pediatric trauma or inpatient services.
- Pediatric Priorities (PDF: 1 page)
Chart showing the steps to determining pediatric priorities.
- Pediatric Patient Training Scenarios (PDF: 4 pages)
Three scenarios to help your planning.
- Ebola or High Consequence Infectious Disease Ambulance Transport - Hospital Guidance
Hospital guidance for safe transport of patients with high consequence infectious diseases such as Ebola.
- Ebola or High Consequence Infectious Disease Ambulance Transport - EMS Guidance
Identification of the licensed ambulance services who have agreed to transport suspect or confirmed high consequence infectious disease patients, such as those with Ebola in Minnesota.
- Airborne Infectious Disease Management (PDF: 41 pages)
Methods for temporary negative pressure isolation.