MDH Emergency Preparedness Plans
MDH leads the health aspect of emergencies in Minnesota. Various plans detail what MDH will do during emergencies.
- MDH All-Hazards
Response and Recovery Base Plan (PDF: 1.7MB/42 pages)
This Plan describes actions the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) will take in response to incidents that have public health and/or medical implications. August, 2014.
- MDH Disaster Mortuary Emergency Response Team (D-MERT) Plan (PDF: 120KB/25 pages)
This Plan addresses emergency situations where death tolls overwhelm local mortuary resources.
- MDH Multi-Agency Coordination (MAC) Plan: All-Hazards Response and Recovery Plan Support Annex (PDF: 287KB/15 pages)
The MAC Plan outlines health-related coordination and resource allocation among multiple jurisdictions and health entities for a safe, rapid and coordinated response to an emergency.
- MDH Multi-Agency Coordination (PowerPoint: 323KB/18 slides) (PDF: 236KB/18 pages)
This PowerPoint presentation from August 2006 describes why and how the MAC is used, by whom and the primary functions of a MAC.
- MDH Guidance Document for the Health Regions' Multi-Agency Coordination Plan (PDF: 44KB/2 pages)
This document provides guidance to the regional health preparedness planners as they assist with the Multi-Agency Coordination (MAC) Plan in their region.
- MDH Pandemic Influenza Plan
The Pandemic Influenza Plan details what MDH is doing to prepare for a possible pandemic, and explains the roles and responsibilities of MDH, local and regional partners. The Plan includes a base plan, 11 technical sections and attachments.