Minority and Multicultural Health
Messages from the Office of Minority and Multicultural Health
Trusted community organizations will perform outreach, education, and assist in enrollment through MNsure
MNsure has selected 30 community organizations to provide outreach, education and enrollment assistance. Among the 30 community organizations are five OMMH EHDI grantees. MNsure sought community organizations and coalitions that demonstrate successful and innovative methods of providing outreach and educational services throughout Minnesota. These organizations will also provide assistance with applying for health insurance through MNsure.
The grants will support a broad base of partnerships that will engage Minnesotans statewide to promote application and enrollment in affordable, quality health insurance through MNsure. MNsure sought to connect with new and existing organizations that have direct connections and experience with key audiences throughout Minnesota.
The five OMMH EHDI grantees include:
- Centro, Inc. (Centro Cultural Chicano, Inc.)
- Healthfinders Collaborative, Inc.
- Hmong American Partnership
- Northpoint Health & Wellness Center, Inc.
- Planned Parenthood MN, ND, SD
MNsure is a one-stop health insurance marketplace where individuals, families and small businesses will be able to get quality health coverage at a fair price. MNsure will empower more than 1 million Minnesotans to compare, choose, and get help finding health care coverage. It will facilitate enrollment in public and private health insurance, determine eligibility for premium tax credits and allow Minnesotans to shop and compare between health care coverage options.
Open enrollment through MNsure began October 1, 2013 and runs through March 31, 2014. For more information about MNsure, how it will benefit Minnesota consumers and businesses, and how to provide input, visit MNsure.
Other named MNsure partners include:
- AccountAbility Minnesota
- Central MN Jobs and Training Services, Inc.
- Communicating for America, Inc.
- Community Resource Connections, Inc.
- Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio (CLUES)
- Dakota County
- Generations Health Care Initiatives
- Health Access MN, Inc
- International Institute of Minnesota
- Lyon-Dugin Associates
- Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge
- Minnesota AIDS Project
- Minnesota Chippewa Tribe
- Minnesota Community Action Partnership
- Minnesota Council of Churches
- Portico Healthnet
- ResourceWest, Inc.
- Small Business Minnesota
- Somali Health Solutions
- Southside Community Health Services, Inc.
- Springboard for the Arts
- Western Community Action, Inc.
- Women's Health Center of Duluth, P.A.