2008 OMMH National Health Disparities Conference
HEALTH EQUALITY: Honoring Culture While Closing the Gap
Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel
Prior Lake, MN (30 miles southwest of St. Paul)
Access podcasts of featured presenters and Powerpoint slides from concurrent sessions here.
To create a dynamic forum on health equality for all levels of
community engagement and diverse populations while celebrating effective
- Address overarching causes (social determinants, etc.) of racial and ethnic health disparities.
- Evaluate progress and develop an action plan for addressing racial and ethnic health disparities.
- Build bridges with federal, state, and local governments to stimulate legislative and policy solutions to disparate health outcomes.
- Highlight existing models, resources, tools and programs from Minnesota and beyond.
- Explore emerging models, research, and science from Minnesota and beyond.
- Generate energy and synergy for the on-going work of eliminating racial and ethnic health disparities.
- Establish an on-going forum to exchange information, network, build capacity, and provide mutual support and accountability for the work of eliminating health disparities at all levels.
- Create an inclusive environment and facilitate broad access to the conference for representatives from all sectors of the population.
- Celebrate the individuals, communities, cultures and organizations that are part of the richness of Minnesota.
All podcast are in MP3 format. To listen within browser, click on a link. To download right click link and select SAVE TARGET AS...
Transcriptions of podcasts will be made available on request. Contact the Office of Minority and Multicultural Health at 651-201-5813.
Minnesota Department of Health
Office of Minority and Multicultural Health
For more information: