Resources for EHDI Grantees
- Technical assistance planning
- EHDI Evaluation Technical Assistance Plan (PDF: 301KB/2 pages)
- TA Record Template (Word: 199KB/2 pages)
- Logic models
- EHDI Evaluation Tip Sheet #1: Building a Logic Model (PDF: 348KB/5 pages)
- Outcome Focused Logic Model Template (Word: 124KB/1 page)
- Logic Model Table Format (Word: 15KB/1 page)
- Logic Model Flowchart (Word: 15KB/1 page)
- Creating an evaluation plan
- EHDI Evaluation Tip Sheet #2: Creating an Evaluation Plan (PDF: 254KB/4 pages)
- EHDI Evaluation Tip Sheet #3: Evaluation Technical Assistance Plan (PDF: 201KB/2 pages)
- EHDI Evaluation Plan Template (Word: 160KB/3 pages)
- Designing an information plan
- EHDI Evaluation Tip Sheet #4: Designing an Information Plan (PDF: 180KB/2 pages)
- Information Plan Template (Word: 125KB/1 page)
- Information Plan External Stakeholders (Word: 142KB/2 pages)
- Writing an evaluation report
- Working with an evaluation consultant
7. Describing evaluation findings
8. Cost Savings
- Healthy Communities Count!
The Minnesota Department of Health is collecting data on indicators related to health and quality of life along the Central Corridor in St. Paul. The plan is to use this data to track any change that may result from the construction of the Light Rail.
- The Unequal Distribution of Health in the Twin Cities (PDF: 2MB/4 pages)
This report, commissioned by the Blue Shield Foundation of Minnesota and conducted by Wilder Research looks at links between health outcomes and race, income, education and neighborhood conditions in the Twin Cities.
- Minnesota Compass
Data-rich site with statewide statistics on demographics, disparities, education, economy, health and more.
- The Exchange
The Exchange is a partnership formed to exchange information and resources about health communication and to share multilingual health materials. Based in Minnesota, organizations can pay to become partners for full access to materials, or browse the site as a guest to learn more about health education for multilingual audiences or get a time-limited username and password to view the Exchange library.
ECHO focuses on bridging communications gaps in health, safety, civic engagement and emergency readiness with immigrant and refugee communities through the development of communications materials and programming.
- Rural Assistance Center (RAC)
A product of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Rural Initiative, the Rural Assistance Center (RAC) was established in December 2002 as a rural health and human services "information portal." The portal provides State-specific events and news stories, as well as news updates on specific topics relevant to rural communities.
- Kaiser's Monthly Update on Disparities
This free, monthly update synthesizes news coverage from hundreds of print and broadcast news sources related to health and health care issues affecting underserved and racial and ethnic communities.
- Acknowledging EHDI Support Provided by MDH/OMMH
- Grantee Memorandum of Understanding (PDF: 9KB/1 page). Word file: 20KB.
- Rainbow Research, Inc. Reports
- "Why Place and Race Matter" Report
The report, Why Place and Race Matter, by PolicyLink makes the undeniable case that race must be central to the decisions made by policymakers, advocates, and community leaders if we ever hope to close the racial health gap.
- EHDI Grantee Training: August 24, 2012
- L. González Presentation – “EHDI’s Impact - Eliminating health disparities and achieving health equity” (PDF: 431KB/19 pages)
- EHDI Evaluation TA and Support Presentation - Rainbow Research - “Logic Models, Evaluation Plans, Reporting, and Cultural Voices” (PDF: 1MB/34 pages)
- EHDI Evaluation TA and Support Handouts for Small Groups (PDF: 1.3MB/7 pages)
- EHDI Grantee Training: January 11, 2011
- Eliminating Health Disparities Grantee Meeting: Aug. 4, 2009
- EHDI Communications Training: How to Tell Your Story: Oct. 1, 2008
- EHDI Training: June 18-19, 2008
- EHDI Workshop: July 28, 2006
- Basics of Outcome Model Construction slide presentation (PDF: 183KB/28 pages)
- Differences Between Quantitative and Qualitative Research (PDF: 92KB/1 page)
- New Requirement: Basis of Comparison (PDF: 158KB/4 pages)
- Overview of Typcial Data Collection Methods (PDF: 95KB/1 page)
- Overview of Data Collection Methods slide presentation (PDF: 95KB/25 pages)
- Systems Change Workshop (PDF: 177KB/8 pages)