Minnesota One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative
A One Health approach recognizes that the health of humans, animals, and the environment is interconnected. Here is how this is defined in the United States:
One Health means a collaborative, multisectoral,
and trans-disciplinary approach —
working at the local, regional, national, and global levels —
with the goal of achieving optimal health outcomes
recognizing the interconnection
between people, animals, plants, and their shared environment.
(CDC: One Health)
Issues like antibiotic stewardship require a collaborative effort across multiple disciplines. By using One Health-oriented communication, Minnesota’s public and professionals will have the awareness needed to think innovatively and responsibly about approaches to optimizing antibiotic use within each health field.
- About the Minnesota One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative, partners, and strategic plan.
- Information about conferences, presentations, news releases, and contests.
- How to stay informed and contact the One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative
- The Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Honor Rolls encourage commitment to antibiotic stewardship across the state.
- Read stories of antibiotic use and resistance.
- Fact sheets, flyers, posters, brochures, and other print materials that you can print and use.