Antibiotic Stewardship Conference: Focus on Ambulatory Care
Physicians, physicians assistants, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, and others are encouraged to attend.
Wilder Center, Saint Paul, MN
May 1, 2018
8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Preliminary conference topics include:
- National Keynote Lecture from Jeffrey Gerber, MD, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Antibiotic stewardship concepts in ambulatory care settings
- Minnesota stewardship updates and prescribing data
- Community-associated Clostridium difficile infections in Minnesota
- Panel Q&A with professionals active in stewardship
- Patient education challenges
- Garnering leadership support for stewardship
- Break-out sessions focusing on:
- Prescribing for Acute respiratory tract infections
- Stewardship in emergency departments
- Antibiotic prescribing for dental procedures
- Addressing penicillin allergies
- There is no cost to attend this full-day conference.
- CME and CE units will be available.
Hosted by Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Hospital Association, and Stratis Health as part of the Lake Superior Quality Improvement Network.