One Health Antibiotic Stewardship
News and Events
U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week
- Governor Dayton proclaims the week of November 12-18, 2018 as Antibiotic Awareness Week in Minnesota
- MDH News Release: Hospitals, long-term care facilities honored for taking a leading role on antibiotic stewardship
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Antimicrobial Use and Resistance
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs (ASP)
- MDH Update - Get Ready: Antibiotic Awareness Week
- MDH HAI Update - October 2018
- CDC: U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week
Conferences & Video Presentations
- Antibiotic Stewardship Conference: Focus on Ambulatory Care
Materials from the May 1, 2018 conference.
- 2018 Minnesota One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative Annual Meeting
Recordings of presentations from Minnesota’s One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative yearly conference on January 11, 2018.
- Antibiotic Stewardship
in Long-Term Care Webinar Series
Recap of the March 2017 Antibiotic Stewardship in Long-term Care Webinar Series.
- Pharmaceutical Disposal Regulations, Practices and Challenges, Streaming Video
(WebEx: 1 hour)
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) and Minnesota Board of Pharmacy (MN BOP) presentation on September 12, 2017.
If the streaming training does not work properly on your computer, try the MDH Training Center.
Select "View session recordings" on the right side of the screen to find the training.
- Hospitals, long-term care facilities honored for taking a leading role on antibiotic stewardship
November 14, 2018
- Minnesota’s ‘One Health’ approach to antibiotic resistance shows progress in first year of strategic plan
November 15, 2017
- Awareness week highlights efforts to fight antibiotic resistance through antibiotic stewardship
November 13, 2017
- Minnesota’s public health lab to play key role in national fight against antibiotic resistance
July 27, 2016
- Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship
The Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Honor Rolls encourage commitment to antibiotic stewardship across the state.
- CHAIN Award for Excellence
Minnesota Collaborative Healthcare-Associated Infections Network has announced an Award for Excellence to commend infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship efforts of health care teams.