Minnesota Rulemaking Manual and Seminar
A Manual for the Practitioner
The Minnesota Rulemaking Manual reflects the collective wisdom and experience of the State's rule writing community. It was first issued on June 17, 1996, and has been revised annually ever since. Revisions have been based on suggestions and corrections found during previous years of its use and recent legislative activity.
19th Annual Minnesota Rulemaking Seminar
Thursday, September 25, 2014
19th Annual Minnesota Rulemaking Seminar Announcement (PDF: 428KB/1 page) - Includes registration information.
2014 Minnesota Rulemaking Manual
- 2014 Manual (PDF: 2.7MB/360 Pages)
A reference book for drafting state agency administrative rules in Minnesota.
- 2014 Manual - Chapters and Forms
Word files of chapters and forms.
2014 Rulemaking Seminar Presentations and Handouts
Patricia Winget, Minnesota Department of Health
Maryann Corbett, Revisor’s Office
- The Right Pieces, The Right Order: Avoiding Vagueness and Ambiguity in Rule Drafting (PDF: 3MB/18 pages)
- Making it Plain: The Plain Language Mandate and Rules (PDF: 153KB/36 pages)
Tammy Pust, Chief Administrative Law Judge
- Working with OAH: Tips to Help Save Time and Money
- Handout: Minnesota Administrative Procedure Act Minnesota Statute, section 14.001 (PDF: 168KB/2 pages)
Michael Schommer, Minnesota Department of Health
Ryan Inman, Revisor’s Office