Trainings & Conferences – Minnesota Stroke Conference
- Educate attendees on the latest developments in acute stroke treatment and management
- Learn to apply recent translation research in EMS and pre-hospital care, hospital care, and transitions in care post-acute stroke
- Provide a networking opportunity for health care professionals, public health professionals, and stroke advocates in Minnesota
2015 Breakout Presentations
To request a copy of any presentation, please email email@example.com
Concurrent Session 1A (Acute Track)
- Mr. Clean and 3 Other Trials Supporting the Efficacy of Interarterial Stroke Intervention
- Michael T. Madison, St. Paul Radiology, St. Paul, MN and Alexander Y. Zubkov, MD, PhD, FAHA, Fairview Southdale Hospital Stroke Program and Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology, Edina, MN.
Concurrent Session 1B (Pre-Hospital Track)
- Should I Call a Stroke Code? Catching Subtle Strokes at Triage
- Donna Lindsay, MN, RN, CNS-BC, CNRN, SCRN, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN and Joan Somes, MSN, PhD, RNC, CEN, CPEN, FAEN, NREMT-P, Minnesota Emergency Nurses Association and Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN.
Concurrent Session 1C (Rehabilitation Track)
- Partners in Optimal Stroke Recovery
- Charlotte Brenteson, DPT and Karen Freeberg, OTR/L, North Memorial Medical Center, Robbinsdale, MN.
Concurrent Session 2A (Acute Track)
- Redesigning TIA Management for Quality and Efficiency: A Stanford Clinical Excellence Research Center and Allina Health Project Partnership
- Sandra K. Hanson, MD, United Hospital, St. Paul, MN.
Concurrent Session 2B (Pre-Hospital Track)
- The Essentia Health-Fargo Stroke Education Project
- Ahren Dosch, MS, RN, Essentia Health, Fargo, ND.
Concurrent Session 2C (Rehabilitation Track)
- We Are the Bridge: Community Reintegration Begins at the Clinical Level
- Robyn Wheeler, LPN, BIS, Minnesota Stroke Association and Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance, Roseville, MN.
Concurrent Session 3A (Acute Track)
- Multidisciplinary Management of Complex Pediatric Cerebrovascular Disorders: The University of Minnesota Experience
- Bharathi D. Jagadeesan, MD and Daniel Guillaume, MD, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.
Concurrent Session 3B (Rehabilitation Track)
- Palliative Care and Advance Care Planning for Stroke Patients
- Victor Sandler, MD, Fairview Home Care & Hospice, Minneapolis, MN.
Concurrent Session 4A (Acute Track)
- Aggressive Medical and Interventional Management of Vasospasm in SAH Patients
- Divyajot Sandhu, MBBS, MD, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.
Concurrent Session 4B (Rehabilitation Track)
- Technologies for Treating Communication and Cognitive Deficits after Stroke
- Abby Carhill, MA, CCC-SLP, and Jennifer Golobich, North Memorial Helath Care, Robbinsdale, MN.
Concurrent Session 5A (Acute Track)
- Are Multiple Intracranial Aneurysms Almost Exclusively a Female Disease?
- Archie Defillo, MD, St. Cloud Hospital, St. Cloud, MN.
Concurrent Session 5B (Acute Track)
- Management of Patients Presenting with Carotid Artery Pseudo-Occlusion and Acute Occlusion: A Systematic Review
- Jae Hong Kim, MD and Ramachandra Tummala, MD, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.