Security services on campus play an important role in what is known as 'tertiary prevention': the preliminary response that can mitigate further harm to victims. A supportive, welcoming, nondoubting response can make or break a survivor's continued involvement--and the involvement of future victims, as word spreads about how she or he was treated.Please read content disclaimer
- Acquaintance Rape of College Students: Problem-Oriented Guide for Police (PDF: 68 pages/180KB) This guide from the US Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services describes campus sexual assault so that police and campus public safety officers can more effectively prevent and respond to the problem.
- Online Training Institute, End Violence Against Women International Free trainings for professionals to expand their knowledge of cutting edge developments in the criminal justice and community response to non-stranger sexual assault.
- Victim Assistance Training Online A basic victim advocacy web-based training program that offers victim service providers and allied professionals the opportunity to acquire the basic skills and knowledge they need to better assist victims of crime.
- Clery Center for Security on Campus CCSOC is dedicated to preventing violence, substance abuse and other crimes on college campuses across the US, and to compassionately assist the victims of these crimes.
- National Center for Higher Education Risk Management NCHERM is a think tank of twenty-one consultants with the goal of identifying, developing and delivering best practices for school and campus health and safety.
Top of Page