Click on a subject heading below to view questions and answers relating to your selection. Links throughout the answers will guide you to further information on our website or from other sources. Should you have any further questions, please consult our Contact Us page.
- FAQs on School Violence (PDF: 254KB/8 pages) : What is the extent of school violence (school environment, risk behaviors, nonfatal victimization, violent deaths), what are the short and long term consequences, what are the risk factors for perpetrating youth violence, how can we prevent youth violence, and what does CDC do to prevent youth violence
- Facts Playing Cards (MNCASA) : The myths about sexual violence are powerful in our society. Misguided beliefs in these myths keep people from understanding how sexual violence works, and who the victims and perpetrators are. Most myths focus blame for assault on the victim and relieve us of the burden of figuring out what is awry in our society. Some think that it is easier to believe the myths than to change society in ways that prevent sexual violence. This fun card game helps you learn the facts of sexual violence.
- Girls and Body Image: Key Messages and Findings (PDF: 201KB/1 page) : Created by the Girl Scouts of the USA/Girl Scout Research Institute
- Normalization of Sexual Harm and the Sexualization of Children Fact Sheet (PDF: 140KB/2 pages) : A fact sheet from the Minnesota Department of Health
- Questions and Answers About Sexual Violence for Teens : Teen Dating Violence information from the State of Michigan. "Do you know what dating violence is? Why is it so difficult for victims to leave abusive dating relationships? What role do alcohol or other drugs play in abusive relationships? It's about power and control, but it SHOULD be about equality."
- Teen Dating Violence Myths and Facts (PDF: 31KB/1 page) : Teen Dating Violence myths and facts from Child Resource.
Top of Page