This section outlines public policy issues related to sexual violence prevention and provides information on how the public can effectively advocate for these issues.
- Cyberbullying and the States : An National Conference of State Legislatures Fact Sheet on state law governing cyberbullying.
- Dear Colleague Letter Harassment and Bullying (October 26, 2010) Background, Summary, and Fast Facts (PDF: 116KB/2 pages) : "What are the possible effects of student-on-student harassment and bullying, what does the Dear Colleague letter (DCL) do, why is ED Issuing the DCL, what are the anti-discrimination statutes that the Office for Civil Rights enforces, what are a school's obligations under these anti-discrimination statutes and how can I get help from OCR?"
- Health, Mental Health and Safety Guidelines for Schools : Health, Mental Health and safety guidelines for schools
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MNCASA) Public Policy : A unique role of the sexual assault coalition is to assist in changing policies to stop sexual violence and ensure that victims receive the justice they deserve. MNCASA accomplishes this goal by educating policy makers and the public on the issue of sexual violence and primary prevention measures, and by spearheading policy initiatives that are victim-centered.
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault 2011 Legislative Action Agenda (PDF: 22KB/1 page) : Including areas in sexual violence prevention, support and care for victims and survivors, and creating a criminal justice system that eases access and helps stop sexual violenec
- Minnesota State Statutes : The law related to reporting of maltreatment of minors in Minnesota
Top of Page