About the Minnesota Medical Cannabis Program
The Office of Medical Cannabis, located at the Minnesota Department of Health, was formed in 2014 to enact the new medical cannabis legislation.
Click the graphic to see a larger version.
- General Information about the Minnesota Medical Cannabis Program
Fact sheet about the Minnesota medical cannabis program.
- Press/News Release
- Serious health effect reporting
- Registration Statistics Update
A breakdown of registration numbers by role in the Minnesota Medical Cannabis Patient Registry.
- Office of Medical Cannabis Org Chart (PDF)
- Medical Cannabis Program Key Dates
Key dates for the first year of the program.
- Medical Cannabis Manufacturer/Laboratory Selection
Two companies have been selected to manufacture medical cannabis in Minnesota. Each of them will contract with one or more approved independent laboratories to test the medical cannabis.
- Task Force on Medical Cannabis
Medical cannabis therapeutic research is being studied by a multi-discipline Legislative Coordinating Commission.
- Intractable Pain
Links in this section document an MDH-commissioned literature review, work of an advisory panel, public testimony, and the Commissioner's decision regarding adding intractable pain as a qualifying condition, announced December 2, 2015.
- Medical Cannabis Patient Interest Survey Results (PDF: 810KB/6 pages)
Results of the survey of interested Minnesotans with potentially qualifying conditions.