Medical Cannabis Data and Statistics
- Minnesota Medical Cannabis Program: Patient Experiences from the First Program Year
- Comprehensive report drawing on enrollment information, surveys, and patient self-evaluation data completed prior to each medical cannabis purchase. Chapters include: Patient/Caregiver/Healthcare Practitioner descriptive info, Frequency and duration of medical cannabis purchases, Medical cannabis use patters, Benefits, Adverse side effects, Affordability, and Suggestions for improving the program. Extensive appendices include verbatim comments from patients and healthcare practitioners on benefits, adverse side effects, and suggestions for improving the program.
- Early Survey Results from the Office of Medical Cannabis - May 2016 (PDF)
- This report shares results from surveys of patients who enrolled in the program during its first three months and their certifying health care practitioners. A focus of the survey is a rating by the patient of overall benefit and overall negative impact to them from their participation in the program - and parallel assessments by the patient’s certifying health care practitioner. Respondents were also asked to describe the benefits and the negative impacts. Make sure to spend some time reviewing the appendices, where the respondents’ own words are shared.
- Quarterly Reporting
- The Office of Medical Cannabis will post a quarterly update on how the program in doing showing and elaborating on patient, caregiver and health care practitioner counts as well as information and updates with the manufacturers.
Registration Statistics Update
The Office of Medical Cannabis (OMC) will be posting updated registration data on this site. The cumulative statistics (June 1, 2015 - June 22, 2017) in the Minnesota Medical Cannabis Patient Registry are:
|Role in Registry||Number of People|
|Health Care Practitioners|
|Number of health care practitioners that are registered and authorized to certify patients:||904|
|Number of patients with approved enrollment who are currently active in the registry:||6102|
|Total number of approved patient enrollments to date:||7624|
|Number of patient caregivers who have received their background checks and are approved in the registry:||673|
This information is updated weekly at 9 a.m. on Fridays.