Medical Cannabis Laboratory Application Process and Forms
- Medical Cannabis Laboratory Approval Application Process Summary (PDF: 132KB/1 page)
- Medical Cannabis Laboratory Application Process and Required Documentation (PDF: 193KB/1 page)
Full details on the application process.
- Medical Cannabis Laboratory Approval Program - Initial Application (PDF form)
- Laboratory Application - FAQ
Answers to questions that have come up during the RFP process. Updated 3/2/2015.
The laboratory application process consists of a three-step process to ensure a thorough and fair assessment of laboratories.
- The laboratory must submit the application and all required documentation
- Laboratories who meet the requirements will be contacted for a site visit
- Minnesota Department of Health Approval
Once a laboratory has received MDH approval, the Minnesota medical cannabis manufacturers are free to establish contract relationships.
*It is required that all approved laboratories achieve ISO 17025 certification.
Step 1: Submit Application and Documentation
A laboratory requesting approval to provide testing services to the state’s medical cannabis manufacturers must submit an application form supplied by the Commissioner and provide a variety of documentation including a Quality Assurance Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, attestation of independence from all Minnesota medical cannabis manufacturers among other materials.
Step 2. Laboratory Site Visit
The purpose of the on-site visit is to determine the ability of the laboratory to conduct testing for medical cannabis product for the scope of accreditation requested. Various documents would be expected to be viewed onside during the visit including: Detection Limits, Training Records, Proficiency Results, etc.
Step 3. MDH Approval
Once site visits are completed and documented, MDH will make a determination of whether the laboratory is approved. If approved MDH will indicate with analytes and methods the laboratory is approved to perform for Minnesota medical cannabis manufacturers.