State Trauma Advisory Council/
Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board
Joint Policy Committee
The Joint Policy Committee (JPC) is made up of three chair-appointed members from both the EMS Regulatory Board (EMSRB) and the Minnesota Department of Health's State Trauma Advisory Council (STAC). The JPC's primary task is to drive the coordinated development of a fully integrated statewide trauma system with clear goals and objectives.
To achieve this, the JPC will:
- Maximize the efficacy of the existing administrative structure of EMSRB and the MDH Trauma System Program to achieve consensus on policies and approaches to reach mutually beneficial goals
- Meet routinely - ongoing
- Analyze the American College of Surgeons 2007 Minnesota Trauma System Consultation Report (PDF), establish priorities and determine necessary modifications
- Provide regular activity updates at EMSRB and STAC meetings
- Assure the primacy of a statewide focus in all discussions, deliberations, and recommendations
- Provide advisory recommendations to the EMSRB and the STAC
- MDH Trauma Program - lead staff support to the committee
- State EMS Medical Director
- EMSRB supervisory staff as available
- ACS Consultation Final Report
- 2006 Health Resources and Services Administration Model Trauma System Planning and Evaluation tool
- Networking through the National Association of State EMS Officials (NASEMSO) and its National Trauma Managers Council
- MNSTAR and MNTRAUMA registries
Meetings held at the Shoreview Community Center from 10:00-12:00.
|Aaron Burnett, M.D.
Regions Hospital, St. Paul
Ely–Bloomenson Community Hospital, Ely
|Jeffrey Ho, M.D.
Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis
|Alan Johnson, PA–C
RC Hospital, Olivia
|Sharon Moran, M.D.
Essentia Health St. Mary's Medical Center, Duluth
|John Pate, M.D.
Tri-County Hospital, Wadena
|Carol Immermann, R.N.
Mayo Clinic Hospital Saint Marys Campus, Rochester
|Patrick Coyne, R.N., Paramedic
North Memorial Medical Center, Robbinsdale
If you have any questions regarding the Joint Policy Committee, please contact the trauma system coordinator.