Health Regulation Division
- Health Regulation Division Home
- A-Z Directory
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Public Hearings
- Collaborative Safety
- COVID-19 Waiver Archive
Avera Granite Falls Health Center Public Hearing
The Minnesota Department of Health will host a public hearing on Oct. 13, 2022, at 6 p.m. (via Teams) for the relocation of labor and delivery services from Avera Granite Falls Health Center in Granite Falls to a shared regional model effective Jan. 1, 2023.
Clinic-based prenatal, postnatal and well-baby care will continue to be provided locally at Avera Medical Group and Avera Granite Falls Health Center. However, labor and delivery services will be relocated to Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center.
More information is available in the MDH news release: Public hearing on Avera Granite Falls Health Center’s relocation of labor, delivery services set for Oct. 13 and on the Avera Granite Falls Health Center website.
The hearing will be at 6 p.m. on Oct. 13, 2022.
- Hospital Name: Avera Granite Falls Health Center
- Hospital Owner: Avera
- Hospital Location: Granite Falls, Minnesota (Yellow Medicine County)
- Notification Received On: Sep. 7, 2022
- Proposed Service Change: Relocation of labor and delivery services from Avera Granite Falls Health Center in Granite Falls to a shared regional model that includes Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center.
- Public Hearing Date and Time: Oct. 13, 2022 at 6 p.m. (via Teams)
The Minnesota Department of Health serves as a facilitator to ensure there is public discussion and engagement for any proposed closure, reduction of services or relocation of services for a hospital or hospital campus as outlined in Minnesota Statutes Section 144.555.
This statute gives MDH the authority to hold the meeting and to inform the public but not to change, delay or prevent the proposed changes, closures or relocations.
- Date: Oct. 13, 2022
- Time: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Central Standard Time
You can also call in using a phone. Call the phone number provided below and enter the access code.
- Audio-only call: +1-651-395-7448
- Phone Conference ID: 592 084 434#
Captioning services are being provided for attendees within the Teams interface. Detailed instructions for using the captions are available on Microsoft's website: Use live captions in a Teams meeting.
If you are unable to use captions through Teams, they are also available to view in your browser through this link once the meeting begins: MNDOH: Real Time Text.
Presentation slides will be posted prior to the call. A transcript of the hearing will be posted on this page 7-10 business days after the call.
- Presentation slides: 2022-10-13 Avera Granite Falls Health Center Relocation of Labor and Delivery Services (PDF)
- Transcript of Call: 2022-10-13 Avera Granite Falls Health Center Relocation of Labor and Delivery Services Public Hearing Transcript (PDF)
Submit a Comment or Question
If you have a comment or question about the proposed changes, you can share it by filling out the form at the link below until 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 14, 2022.
Comments and questions will be shared with Avera Granite Falls Health Center and will be answered during the hearing.