Health Regulation Division
- Health Regulation Division Home
- A-Z Directory
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Public Hearings
- Collaborative Safety
- COVID-19 Waiver Archive
Children’s Minnesota Public Hearing
The Minnesota Department of Health will host a public hearing on March 28, 2023, at 6 p.m. (via Teams) for the relocation of the Children's Minnesota Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) in St. Paul to the Children's Minnesota Minneapolis campus, beginning in the summer of 2023 (no sooner than June 15, 2023).
No Epilepsy Monitoring Unit services will be reduced or ceased and there will be no gap in services during the transition. All patients – local, regional and national – will continue to have access to all services offered, such as treatment and management of seizures, spells, and epilepsy.
More information is available in the MDH news release: Public hearing on Children's Minnesota Epilepsy Monitoring Unit relocation of services in St. Paul set for March 28 and on the Children's Minnesota website.
- Hospital Name: Children's Minnesota
- Hospital Owner: Children's Minnesota
- Hospital Location: St. Paul, Minnesota (Ramsey County)
- Notification Received On: Feb. 15, 2023
- Proposed Service Change: Relocation of Epilepsy Monitoring Unit from 345 North Smith Avenue, St. Paul to 2530 Chicago Avenue South, Minneapolis. There will be no reduction of services.
- Public Hearing Date and Time: Mar. 28, 2023, at 6 p.m. (via Teams)
The Minnesota Department of Health serves as a facilitator to ensure there is public discussion and engagement for any proposed closure, reduction of services or relocation of services for a hospital or hospital campus as outlined in Minnesota Statutes Section 144.555.
This statute gives MDH the authority to hold the meeting and to inform the public but not to change, delay or prevent the proposed changes, closures or relocations.
- Date: Mar. 28, 2023
- Time: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Central Standard Time
You can also call in using a phone. Call the phone number provided below and enter the access code.
- Audio-only call: +1-651-395-7448
- Phone Conference ID: 858 833 319#
Captioning services are being provided for attendees within the Teams interface. Detailed instructions for using the captions are available on Microsoft's website: Use live captions in a Teams meeting.
If you are unable to use captions through Teams, they are also available to view in your browser through this link once the meeting begins: MNDOH: Real Time Text.
Presentation slides will be posted prior to the call. A transcript of the hearing will be posted on this page 7-10 business days after the call.
- Presentation slides: 2023-03-28 Children's Minnesota Relocation of Services (PDF)
- Transcript of Call: 2023-03-28 Children's Minnesota Relocation of Services Public Hearing Transcript (PDF)
Submit a Comment or Question
If you have a comment or question about the proposed changes, you can share it by filling out the form at the link below until 11:59 p.m. on Mar. 28, 2023.
Comments and questions will be shared with Children's Minnesota and will be answered during the hearing.