Health Regulation Division
- Health Regulation Division Home
- A-Z Directory
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Public Hearings
- Collaborative Safety
- COVID-19 Waiver Archive
Tri-County Hospital/Astera Health Public Hearing
The Minnesota Department of Health will host a public hearing on January 11, 2023, at 6 p.m. (via Teams) for the relocation of all health services from Tri-County Hospital's current location at 415 Jefferson St N, Wadena to 421 11th St. NW, Wadena, effective March 24, 2023.
With the new location, Tri-County Hospital will get a new name and become Astera Health.
All healthcare services will remain the same and relocate to the new facility including inpatient, outpatient, surgery, emergency department, clinic, lab, radiology, pharmacy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Some administrative services will remain behind in the existing building. There will be no reduction of services.
More information is available in the MDH news release: Public hearing on Tri County Hospital’s relocation of services in Wadena set for January 11 and on the Tri-County Hospital website.
- Hospital Name: Tri-County Hospital/Astera Health
- Hospital Owner: Astera Health
- Hospital Location: Wadena, Minnesota (Wadena County)
- Notification Received On: Nov. 30, 2022
- Proposed Service Change: Relocation of all services from Tri-County Hospital at 415 Jefferson St N in Wadena to the new Astera Health facility at 421 11th St. NW in Wadena. There will be no reduction of services.
- Public Hearing Date and Time: Jan. 11, 2023, at 6 p.m. (via Teams)
The Minnesota Department of Health serves as a facilitator to ensure there is public discussion and engagement for any proposed closure, reduction of services or relocation of services for a hospital or hospital campus as outlined in Minnesota Statutes Section 144.555.
This statute gives MDH the authority to hold the meeting and to inform the public but not to change, delay or prevent the proposed changes, closures or relocations.
- Date: Jan. 11, 2023
- Time: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Central Standard Time
You can also call in using a phone. Call the phone number provided below and enter the access code.
- Audio-only call: +1-651-395-7448
- Phone Conference ID: 575 821 586#
Captioning services are being provided for attendees within the Teams interface. Detailed instructions for using the captions are available on Microsoft's website: Use live captions in a Teams meeting.
If you are unable to use captions through Teams, they are also available to view in your browser through this link once the meeting begins: MNDOH: Real Time Text.
Presentation slides will be posted prior to the call. A transcript of the hearing will be posted on this page 7-10 business days after the call.
- Presentation slides: 2023-01-11 Tri-County Hospital/Astera Health Relocation of Services (PDF)
- Transcript of Call: 2023-01-11 Tri-County Hospital/Astera Health Relocation of Services Public Hearing Transcript (PDF)
Submit a Comment or Question
If you have a comment or question about the proposed changes, you can share it by filling out the form at the link below until 11:59 p.m. on Jan. 11, 2023.
Comments and questions will be shared with Tri-County Hospital/Astera Health and will be answered during the hearing.